Does everyone get "turndown" service?

KarenB

<font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank
I think I read that DCL has turndown service. (I think that is what it is called)

OMG.....I think it would be such a wonderful feeling to come back to your room and find your bed ready!!

Is it true that all cruisers get this wonderful treat??

Karen

Yes! Everone gets turndown service. Usually with a towel animal and candy on your pillow. It is wonderful.

The towel animals are amazing!!! We've been on two Disney Magic cruises now and both times we got the animals every night with the exception of the first night. I know there's been some debate on this board that it's just an extra and not to expect it, but I know I'd be terribly disappointed if we didn't get them on our next trip in December.

I think that pretty much all of the stateroom hosts and hostesses do the towel animals now. If you want to see what they look like, visit my site at www.castawayclub.com and Dave's site at www.dcltribute.com for lots of photos.
We also had one stateroom host who worked exclusively in the medium of blankets. Every night, our spare blanket was arranged into some neat new critter.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com
Fight apathy...or don't!

Barb...wow....what fun this will be!!!! Oh....those are blankets!!

Buckeroo's Dad.....I can always count on getting a good laugh from your posts and replies!!! Thanks...I needed one on this gloomy Friday! :D

Karen

Turn-down service (if that's what you call it) is standard on every cruise line I've ever sailed, going back 20+ years. It's not unique to Disney, although the towel animals seems to be more consistent on DCL.

Standard practice is to turn down your bed, leave chocolates on the pillow (or nearby), and also leave any information or invitations for the next day.

We had chocolates on our pillows and towel animals laying around looking cool (with sunglasses we left behind) and hanging around (with DS' belt). We also noticed that our room was a little tidier than we left it. It's amazing the mess my DS's made in such little time in the stateroom.

They had a little card in our room where we could check off what services we wanted... Ice, turndown in evening/daytime cleaning...
We got a towel animal everynight! They were so cute.
We went to the towel animal demonstration where two of the stateroom hosts showed how to make them, then had us make them!
our swan looked WAY mutated!!
We did pretty good on the elephant though. They gave us a sheet on how to make them.

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
Hi KarenB.

I've been "turned down" even when this service isn't offered...

I too, have been on that end of the turn down service... more times than I can count, that's why I don't even bother with the dating scene anymore.... however, this turn down service, I am looking forward too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter