Does DVC still have one time points for purchase even with the current borrowing restrictions in place?

eileenkeeney

Whatever
I need 15 more points to book all the nights I want to book. This is after borrowing 50% of next year's points. I am booking a February tip to Aulani, Ocean view. I could book one less night or downgrade our view, but I would rather be frivolous for this vacation.

Thank you. This doesn't seem logical to me, that I can not borrow the extra points, but can purchase them. If the reason for not being able to borrow, is to make sure there is availability for more folks to book, then allowing me to buy the points seems to contradict the reason for the restricted borrowing. But I am still glad I can purchase the extra points and I know my contract allows them to restrict both borrowing and banking.

Thank you. This doesn't seem logical to me, that I can not borrow the extra points, but can purchase them. If the reason for not being able to borrow, is to make sure there is availability for more folks to book, then allowing me to buy the points seems to contradict the reason for the restricted borrowing. But I am still glad I can purchase the extra points and I know my contract allows them to restrict both borrowing and banking.

The points you are sold are current UY points owned by Disney so they are not adding to the system like borrowing would.

if DVC didn’t sell those points to owners, they would use the points themselves to book rooms and sell those for cash.

So, but saving them for owners to buy, they are, in essence leaving rooms in inventory for more owners to book. I know it sounds crazy but it does sort of make sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter