Does Disney release more cat 12's later?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by TifffanyD, Feb 12, 2009.

1. TifffanyD

TifffanyD DIS Veteran

I want to book Nov 5th 3day in a 12 but none are available. Do they usually release more later? I know they did for my last sail date. Thinking about booking an 11 for now and changing if they release 12's but not sure I want to pay the extra $300 for an 11 in case they don't. Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bones

bones Mouseketeer

I'm no expert but, I think Disney sells cat 12 as a way to sell discount cruise prices without becoming a "discount" line. If there are cabins empty they might offer cat 12's. I know my family has 5 out of 13 available cat 12's booked yet they are still selling cat 12's now for the past 3 months. I can't believe they have not booked the remaining 8 cat 12's.

4. TifffanyD

TifffanyD DIS Veteran

Thanks - with us cruising in the off season (I think - early Nov is kind of off right? Kids in school) I'll hope for more!

5. Bracy

Bracy Mouseketeer

check on monday afternoons. Seems to be when they release them, but they get scooped up quickly.

6. mkmommy

mkmommy DIS Veteran

Yes.

For the cruise next month on the Magic there were no CAT 12 from about May-Nov, but then in December they opened up and they were like $2000 cheaper than a CAT 11.

7. m_kasch

m_kasch DIS Veteran

Just keep checking. I booked one for my September 24 cruise, and it would literally change by the minute. one minute it would be there, and then it wasn't. Good luck!!:thumbsup2

8. TifffanyD

TifffanyD DIS Veteran

You were spot on! WE GOT IT!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Granted I loved the location I had for the 11 but to knock 1/3 off the price for the same size/layout - it's a no brainer!!

9. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Yes, cat 12 availability comes and goes...keep your eyes open!