Does Disney charge extra for tickets when you book a vaction package?????

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by eric8, Feb 22, 2010.

1. eric8

eric8 Mouseketeer

I keep coming out cheaper by ordering tickets and the rooms (at disney resorts) separately from each other.

In fact I get charged MORE for the same type of tickets when I book them together with the rooms as a Disney Vacation Package.

I don't get this as it looks like the tickets would be cheaper if anything..but nope they wind up being several dollars more.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. disneyag

disneyag DIS Veteran

Check to see if Disney is charging you for vacation insurance on your package. You must UNCHECK it if you don't want it. That can make the total price of a package cost more than the separate components.

4. ginnymack

ginnymack Mouseketeer

You may want to also consider a ticket broker if going a la cart. Undercover Tourist is one of many with a very good rep. Their price includes tax and shipping - be sure to figure that in when cost comparing! Also, if you sub to mousesavers.com newsletter you will get a link to buy tix from UCT for even less...

5. Rylee

Rylee DIS Veteran

Make sure they aren't upgraded to "Hoppers" or the "Water Parks & More" option.

If not interested in those options, be sure to "uncheck" the box.

6. Luvamouse

Luvamouse DIS Veteran

I agree with all the above posters, but also-- I believe when I used to run all the price variations, that the package included tax and the separate components didn't. Without me going to do it right now to verify, I simply suggest you look for that notation at the bottom too. :)

All right...I cannot do it without running numbers myself...

When I do the package, the "cross" icon says "does not include insurance". Does not refer to tax though I am 99.99% sure it's included-- it was when I have booked.

Room only includes tax. Tickets only do NOT include tax. I don't know what tax is for tickets, but the price difference is equal to a 10% (Plus miniscule amount) on tickets. Hope that helps.

7. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

Sounds like the tax to me.

When we did the "ala carte" thing I bought tickets at the Disney Store, at the time NJ tax was cheaper than FL (ah the good old days).

8. tinka-belle

tinka-belle DIS Veteran

Rooms tax is 12.5%, 13% at the All Stars since they're in a different county.
    Sales tax on tickets is 6.5%
    For the dining plans, meals tax of 6.5% is included in the cost of the plan.

9. eric8

eric8 Mouseketeer

I really appreciate all of ya'lls help.