Does DCL do anything special July 4th?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by DVC Mary, Oct 20, 2010.

1. DVC Mary

DVC Mary <font color="#FF6666">I must have missed the lobst

I noticed that my 6/30/12 Fantasy cruise will be in St. Thomas on the 4th of July. Does anyone know what to expect? Does DCL do anything?

Thanks!

2. Sccrmnky2005

Sccrmnky2005 Already Earned My Ears ;)

anyone??? :confused3

3. MarkRG

MarkRG DIS Veteran

Never been on one over the 4th. But I wouldn't expect much more in the way of fireworks, they have very specific limits in the permissions they have to be the *only* cruise line on the water to be able to do so.

4. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

One suggestion is to look thru the trip reports and see what others have said about cruising on July 4th.

5. Love2Cruise

Love2Cruise Mouseketeer

We cruised july 4th on the Wonder this year. Fireworks were on that night and they were a little more extravagant than I had remembered from previous cruises. They did have a special "All American Menu" that night in addition to the regular menu. We were told to keep the menu as a souvenier and it was quite nice with pictures of mickey etc. dressed in his red, white and blue.
    There was also a special show on deck that day, with characters and songs and streamers I think. It was fun and the cast members all made it special by wishing us a happy fourth all day long. The ship was also decorated that day with flags and red, white blue decorations. There was also a balloon drop in the atrium.