Does Being on Atkins...????

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by Luvinit, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Luvinit

Luvinit <font color=CC66CC>This is the place I come to to

tend to dehydrate??? I have been drinking GALLONS of water, I have cut my caffiene down to 1 diet coke a day. I know that I am drinking plenty...my potty trips have tripled...I wake up twice a night to go!!
    Now I am basing this on my lips...they are sooo chapped!! I do NOT live in a dry climate.

Also...I am in Serious Ketosis. The ketostick stick turns dark (160) immedately.
    What should I do? I will keep on drinking that water...but I was wonderning if there was anything else? Should I even be concerned?

Tracy

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Kelsie

Kelsie Administrator Administrator

Tracy,

My lips do the same thing. It was worse the first month or so until I discovered I was actually causing a lot of it by licking my lips more than usual. I wear lipstick, so I keep it on and use chapstick a lot. Keep drinking the water and try to stop licking your lips. :)

4. wovenwonder

wovenwonder DIS Veteran

Tracy
    You might want to start taking some essential oil supplements. Flax Oil is a real good one [great for your heart too] and CLA is also raved about on another low carb board --- the CLA that is the best is the one made from safflower oil.

5. addicted_to_WDW

addicted_to_WDW <font color="darkorchid">He's a teenaged skate rat

I'm in my 3rd week of Atkins (9 pounds down, yay!) and notice that the dehydration is abating. For the first week I had to get up twice per night to use the potty and usually I never get up at all. Now I'm back to sleeping through the night even though I'm drinking just as much. I think my body is adjusting.

6. DisneyMom

DisneyMom Now a Disney Grandma!!

I've been reading about the benefits of CLA -where do you get it and how much is it?

Dehydration does abate on Adkins after a while - at least it did for me - but with the warmer weather kicking in (finally!), I've noticed lips becoming dry again - trying to drink more water!

7. wovenwonder

wovenwonder DIS Veteran

HERE is a liquid form of CLA from netition.com -- the link also explains the claimed benefits.

Also - you might want to read the MANY posts on another message board that explains the different types of CLA and various prices --- HERE.

I still haven't decided if I want to try it. I have enough trouble remembering to take my multi vitamin, flaxseed oil capsule, and calcium.:D