Does anyone skip the fireworks at the MK and watch at the Poly?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by buzz1fan, Jun 8, 2008.

1. buzz1fan

buzz1fan I Can't wait to be back!

We are only staying one night at the Poly, and spending one day at the MK. We where thinking of leaving the park and watching the fireworks there. Maybe the crowds will be less, and easier for my kids? They are 1 and 4. Anyone do this? Can you see the fireworks from the pool there too?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

Yes you can see the fireworks from the Volcano pool.

4. catne

catne DIS Veteran

you can also see them from the beach at Poly, which can be very relaxing (and wayyyyy easier on both parents & little ones--very hard at the MK to get a spot little ones can see from, and then fighting the crowds can be scary, especially if kids are tired at the end of a long day.) Much more relaxing to get a snacy & watch from the Poly, then have a short non-crowded walk back to your room. And don't forget to watch the electrical boat parade from the Poly, too...little ones will really enjoy that, too.

5. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

We only did this twice--both times when we stayed at the Poly (the other times would have been too time consuming for us as we stayed at the CSR and we drive to the parks). The last time we did this was four years ago with our oldest so and his girlfriend on the 4th of July. They left the parks early and went and took a nap (yeah, right!) and had pizza. They went and got places on the beach and we met them there. It was spectacular.

6. CinderellyCinderelly

CinderellyCinderelly DIS Veteran

My dad HATES crowds so on our last trip he thought that seeing Wishes from Ohana on our first night was enough - why stay in the park with that huge Easter crowd? So, I watched Wishes from our room in Hawaii the nights we were back for it! They pipe in the music and it is pretty awesome.

7. TJA

TJA DIS Veteran

Yes, most definitely do it! It's much easier and way more relaxing to watch Wishes and the water parade right from Poly. That is a huge advantage of staying at a monorail resort!

8. buzz1fan

buzz1fan I Can't wait to be back!

the fireworks are at 10pm. When do you think we should head out of the park to make it back in time?

9. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

I would leave at 9:00 PM this way you can give yourself time to wait for the Monorail because it will 1st stop at the Contemporary and TTC before arriving at the Polynesian. If you were to take the boat it will 1st stop at the Grand Floridian, before arriving at the Polynesian.

10. catne

catne DIS Veteran

I would head out of the park around 9:00 P.M...you will find that people are already mobbing Main street & hub then, but you should be able to get through the crowds to the monorail to Poly.

After wishes, hang around a few minutes & you'll see the Electric Boat Parade...when fireworks are at 10, the Boat parade usually follows around 10:25 or so.

11. Endeavour105

Endeavour105 DIS Veteran

The above in red is misleading. The Electrical Water Pageant shows at the Poly at 9pm (or just after the fireworks if the fireworks are at 9) and later in front of the MK at about 10:30pm.

12. Coconuts

Coconuts DIS Veteran

We totally did this, by accident. Our kids couldn't make it in the MK to catch the fireworks, so we took the little boat back to the Poly. The fireworks started while we were on the lake and we finished watching them from benches on the Poly's dock.pixiedust: Then when the kids were done watching, we were in bed in 5 minutes!:thumbsup2 Perfect:goodvibes

13. shyjade

shyjade DIS Veteran

Last year on our arrival day we were SO tired after a very early morning flight, afternoon in the parks and a big meal at Kona, and turned in very early to get a good night's sleep so we could start out early the next morning. Once in bed we heard the fireworks and went out in our PJ's to watch the fireworks from the marina (we were in Fiji, without a view of the castle from our room). After they were done we hopped back inside and went to bed. It was an awesome way to end our first day at Disney! :thumbsup2

14. KarlaG4Kids

KarlaG4Kids Love to travel, especially to Disney!

If you are on the beach at the Poly do they have music from Wishes that you can hear? I know they do in Ohana's. Just wondering about on the beach!

15. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

Yes you can hear the music on the beach.

16. MsStinkerBelle

MsStinkerBelle Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

We actually prefer to watch the fireworks from the Poly beach. :thumbsup2

17. krmlaw

krmlaw DIS Veteran

So, if we are staying at CSR, dining at Ohana, is it easiest to walk to the TTC from the Poly? or Take the monorail back to the TTC after the fireworks on the beach?

18. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

It would be a lot faster walking to the TTC. If you took the Monorail it will 1st go to the Grand Floridian, Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary before arriving at the TTC.

19. krmlaw

krmlaw DIS Veteran

How long is the walk to the TTC? Is doesnt look too far.

I was thinking of taking a bus to MK, walking around for an hour or so in the shops, then taking the monorail to Poly for dinner. Is 1/2 enough time? Or should we take the boat instead?

20. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

From the beach I would say it's about a 5 minute walk to the TTC. If you were take the bus to the Magic Kingdom I would say 1/2 hour is a good amount of time of walking around and visting the shops. As for the Monorail or boat to the Polynesian I would say the Monorail would be faster.

21. allison k

allison k I'm a lurker, not a poster!

Does it get crowded on the beach? If we're not in MK, what would be the ideal time to try to get to there?