• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone NOT have a smartphone???

My dh doesn't have any type of phone. He's 37 and has never had a cell phone. he hates them. I do have a smart phone though. But, we have to do the meet up at a certain time at times at Disney since he has no phone. LOL

Pretty sure their "smart" phone auto corrected lol probably meant experience :badpc:

No, the app is called 'Disney Expedition'. It's a third party app for Windows Phone that gives all of the official Disney info. I've been using it for two years now.

I have a prepaid cell that is not a smartphone, and it gets locked up in the safe when I arrive. I have an iPod touch to use for MDE and I haven't had many issues with the free wifi. The few times I have had issues, it didn't last long or affect my ability to make the changes I wanted to. I get a very good rate for the prepaid cell (on a "grandfathered" plan) and the rates for smartphones make me cringe.

I don't have a smartphone. My husband has a smartphone and I was happy he did. We used MDE app heavily on our last trip with FP+ and dining etc.

No, the app is called 'Disney Expedition'. It's a third party app for Windows Phone that gives all of the official Disney info. I've been using it for two years now.

I did not know this app existed, thank you! I am used to my "smart" phone autocorrecting me lol. It once changed my spelling of parking lot to porta potty and i hit send before i noticed :rotfl2: thankfully my daughter has turned off that feature. So yes i have a smart phone but probably should not.

I am 61 years old. I go to WDW solo, and my DH stays home. I have an old flip phone, and I love this one. I don't want to part with it. The phone will text, but I don't use it that way. The plan that I originally chose did not include texting, and I have no plans to change that. The phone also has a contact list, but I never put even one phone number into it. I have my lap top at home, but I have no plans at all to bring it with me on vacation. I do not need to be THAT connected. I do usually keep my cell phone in my pocket, though.

I made all my Fast Pass +, and I am all ready to go for early December. I figure if I need to change any FP+, I will just go to one of the kiosks in the park and change it there.

No .... I don't want a "Smart Phone" yet. I'm quite happy with my dumb phone. LOL

Dh and I don't have smartphones. We both have stupid phones - AT&T Go Phones with no monthly contracts. But, we did just buy our 1st iPad Mini.

DD has a smart phone and DW has a dumb one. I have never had a cell phone. On our next trip I am going to have to learn how to use one of theirs when I am separated from them.

On our trip last winter, we did not have a smartphone but lugged the laptop along and made fastpass at night for the next day.

I've since washed my phone (on the extralong cycle!) so replaced it with a smartphone. My thought was, it will come in handy in Disney!

Me! Actually, Dh does not, either.

My boys have old iPod's that we use if needed in the park, but they are pretty crappy. We tend to just go without any access on vacation. Even our laptop is no longer functioning.

I don't! I've had a flip phone for years. I am caving and getting an iPhone for Christmas.

My husband used his iPhone for our June 2014 trip. The app on the iPhone was pretty much useless. Didn't show us our correct FP+, or our correct dining ADRs. The good news is, everything showed up perfectly on our iPad.

I've heard that the app has been updated since then and that it runs much better now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter