Does anyone make a photo shot list before going to WDW?

mikegood2

DIS Veteran
Our trip is just two weeks away so I plan on starting a list of some of the photos I want to shoot during our vacation in the next few days. Does anyone else do the same thing?

I thought a thread that people could come in and post some of the shots they like to get, and even post examples of the shots. would be helpful for people visiting the DIS Photography Board and help get the creative juices flowing. It doesn't matter if it is one of the traditional "tourist" shots, or an uncommon shot that you have taken. The idea of this thread is to help people come up with ideas.

Yes I do. On the last trip (June 2010), besides the standard tourist pictures, I shot a lot of "looking up" and "signs". A also did a lot of night tripod shots. I'm already working on some ideas for our November 27th trip. I think I'm going to try to shoot from a child's perspective. Shooting from low, looking up. I will also do my favorite night tripod shooting. I really enjoy that type of shooting. By the time I leave, I will have my Sigma 30 and I am determined, the DW says obsessed, to get some decent shots on the dark rides

I don't actually write out a list, but generally have a couple areas I want to focus on. Last December, I wanted to get good shots of the Christmas parade and fireworks, along with MSEP. I think about those things in advance, ask questions here about the technical issues I might have, then go from there.

Since we're going back in December again (I think) I"m mulling over what my target areas will be. But I'll have 2 or 3 target things in mind before we go.

I don't write a formal list but I do like mom2rtk and have a mental list of some things I want to get. I've started doing photobooks through shutterfly and I've begun thinking about what I want for the book on each trip.

I'm doing good to make a list of what to pack. LOL

I pretty much go with the flow, too stressful to try to follow lists as it stands right now.

I might have one thing I really want to do (most recent trip was night shots; trip before that was finding Devine), but in general I shoot what happens to be in front of me.

I make a list and I even take some examples of photos that I've admired. I have a little book that I put our schedule, ADR #s, etc and include the photo list. For example, I saw an old Disney ad where a Dad is holding a little kid wearing Mickey ears with the castle in the background. I'd like to try to get something similar with my DD this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter