Does ANYONE like the Lilo and Stich attraction? (m0

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by gailpet, Sep 23, 2012.

1. gailpet

gailpet Earning My Ears

seems like everyone I've heard from, dislikes it. My kids (ages 5 & 7) would like to see it but the reviews I've seen haven't been good -- scary, dark, crude, smelly, etc.

Not that they'll be rushing to see it but it is on the short list of attractions but should I steer them away?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JennMouse32

JennMouse32 Still Looking for my Prince Charming

it doesnt mtter what other ppl think. u dont know if u will like it or not unless u try it yourself...

good example is the beetlejuice graveyard revue at universal, has a horrible rating, heard it sucked.. i saw it.. and i loved it.. i have no clue what everyone else's problem is.. it was funny and the songs were fun..

so its one of those to each their own..

4. softballmom3

softballmom3 DIS Veteran

My kids enjoyed it when they were that age. Kind of depends on your kiddos. Mine weren't scared of the dark and movement in the dark but some are.

5. vettegirl

vettegirl Dole Whip Queen

I like it because i love Stitch, but I would not go out of my way or wait a long time for it.

6. Ccann

Ccann Mouseketeer

If its the Stiches great escape, I think it's a attraction that everyone must do once to know what it is about. It's not for everyone, I thought it was dumb as an adult but could see it being thrilling for a younger kid.

It was not my daughter favorite when she was 4, And both my husband and I were disappointed overall that we waited as long as we did, but we were glad we did it so now we know it's probably not going to be on our list of must dos.

Both my kids DS3 and DD6 loves stitch movies and cartoons. But if they want to do it again and the wait is less then a few minutes we would do it.

It's just something you have to experience first hand!

7. SPAM

SPAM DIS Veteran

I like it, I am a Stitch fan. I do miss the original but I always do it every trip.

8. lovbeinmom

lovbeinmom Mouseketeer

I myself can not stand that ride however my hubby, DS9 and nephew3 love it. Give it a try if it is something they want to ride.

9. tbee407

tbee407 Mouseketeer

My family of five does not care for it. However, you need to experience it for yourself at least once.

10. Melanie230

Melanie230 Ready to retire in Florida. Trading my Mommy titl

11. TheAceOfAces

TheAceOfAces That's the biggest Shih Tzu I've ever seen!

I like it, but I'm also a huge Captain EO fan--I tend to not go with the popular opinion here. If you really love Stitch or you enjoy sci-fi, you probably won't think it's bad. (Actually, it seems like the reason a lot of people here don't like it is because of the part with the chili dog smell, so be prepared for that.)

12. ellie05

ellie05 DIS Veteran

I think everyone should try it once and make their own opinion. Dh and I can't stand it and we have not been back since the only time we did it, but I am sure there must be some people that like it.

13. jsebsirois

jsebsirois DIS Veteran

I agree about 2 things that have been said :

1) You should really try it to know if it will be on your must do list in the future.

2) I would not wait in long lines for this attraction. I think it was funny but it miss some Disney Magic...

14. Miranda Danda

Miranda Danda DIS Veteran

My DD4 LOVES it! We did it twice in a row when we were there a few weeks ago :) I think its cute!!!

15. farrahalex76

farrahalex76 Mouseketeer

My DD 5 loved it DD 8 thought it was dumb. Neither thought it was scary. The 5 year old loves Stich and I don't there is anything that can convince her that the attraction isn't great. It will be one of her must dos the next time we go

16. Radiorox

Radiorox Live from the city of Magic.

Nope... no likey. Didn't like Alien Encounter either. (Wrong park for that!)... They need to do something else with that space and IMHO most of Tomorrowland.

17. Kristina

Kristina DIS Veteran

Nope, and it even put me in a bad mood. It's a shame because it was fine up until the clamps came down and the throw up smell was squirted in my face. Yuk!! Sooo not fun for this adult.

18. gailpet

gailpet Earning My Ears

there is a "throw up" smell??? Seriously? Is that what's is supposed to be or is it something else that seems like that???

I may have to pass!

19. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

OMG, worst smell in the world comes from that ride. I can't do it...

20. larryz

larryz Maybe next year... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

If they're looking for Lilo, skip it -- she's not there.

If they're Stitch fans, then go -- they'll love it.

Think Chili Dog Burp -- partially digested chili and onions (if you've ever eaten a full-up chili dog, you know what I mean). Not exactly kike puke, but it isn't "tropical paradise" either...

21. CraftyMommy

CraftyMommy Mouseketeer

My son loves it. He is a typical boy who thinks burps and farts are on the list of funniest things ever. So this attraction is right up his alley. I never thought of Stitch as scary. I never witnessed any crying kids on it. I think its funny, not scary. It reminds me of a mischievous boy who can't help himself. My son loves Stitch and we go on it every time we go to the MK.

A lot of strong smells make me queasy but I can handle the chili burp just fine. If you move your head forwards the smell isn't that strong.