Does anyone know how the "Family of the Day" is chosen?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by SamandWill1921, Feb 10, 2013.

1. SamandWill1921

SamandWill1921 Mouseketeer

I'm just curious. Is it random? I've heard they are usually wearing matching T-shirts. Does it depend on how well behaved your kids are?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. garrettandkatesmom

garrettandkatesmom Earning My Ears

We've cruised twice and neither time has the family of the day had on matching tshirts.

Once the family was from Korea and the other time from Australia. It made me wonder if it had something to do with who had traveled the farthest?

4. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

On our cruises out of Galveston one family of the day was from LA and the other time they were from Texas. Neither we're wearing matching shirts but the second family the daughters had matching smocked Minnie Mouse dresses.

5. TheGooFTroop

TheGooFTroop Earning My Ears

We were chosen for family of the cruise on the first Hawaiian cruise back in April When we got to our state room there is backpacks filled with stuff for the kids and chocolate a bottle of wine for the adult cheese crackers and every day we would get something else in our stateroom and also we got a free dinner Palo for the adults And they gave us a $200 onboard credit to spend We have no idea how and why we got picked we asked they said it's just by random It did make our cruise feel very magical.

6. minniebeth

minniebeth <font color=green>I count on y'all to keep me up t

How AWESOME!! What a magical experience to have!

7. markuehl

markuehl Mouseketeer

We were Family of the day June 15th 2012 we did have on matching t shirts i asked the crew member Gail if the t shirts were how she chose us she said its random a certain time at a certain check in station was how they choose that being said we had been told to go to one station and then she told us to go to a different station so i think there is a little more to it then just random chance.

8. bibbidibobbidibecky

bibbidibobbidibecky The Fairy Godblogger

WOW. We were family of the day for our Med cruise in 2011, but all we got was a certificate and were able to board first! It was still very special. We all had varying Disney shirts on. The woman who picked us said she did because my kids were so excited to be there! My youngest DD had her Minnie Mouse with her and my older DD had her Disney Girl Doll decked out in a Minnie Mouse dress, so I think that's what she saw, too.

9. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

There's a difference between Family of the Day (first to board) and being a CM's adopted Family of the Cruise. We were the latter on our very first cruise, a 2-night to Nowhere, and it was amazing. Presents left for DD, snacks delivered before we even knew we needed them (and we totally did, right when they arrived and we had been discussing calling room service. I can only imagine how great it would be on a longer cruise. I would take the CM adoption over first boarding any day, LOL.

10. PirateLife4Me:)

PirateLife4Me:) Mouseketeer

I wasn't aware that was done on the ship, is it all four ships and every cruise?

11. TheGooFTroop

TheGooFTroop Earning My Ears

Now that you point that out that must've been what we had because ours said we are the family of the cruise for room service and room service was the one that sponsored everything that we got

12. bats

bats Enjoying Bahama Mama's

It will never be us as we have no children ... Discrimination!!!!!!!!!!

13. Feisty Fairy

Feisty Fairy DIS Veteran

I totally agree as we have no children either. :(