• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone know about the cocoa drinks at Disney?

Bete

DIS Veteran
I know they are served for the party nights free and I know you can buy them at other times, too. My question : Does the cocoa have caffiene or not?

Hot Cocoa is available at a variety of places in the park and resort food courts.

Chocolate has caffeine.

Since chocolate has caffeine it in, the hot cocoa probably does, too.

I've never seen decaf hot chocolate. There's not much caffeine in chocolate, compared to coffee, etc.

I'd imagine the caffeine content would be negligible. The nutritional information for several instant hot cocoa brands (Hershey, Nestle-Carnation) shows that one envelope has about the same amount of caffeine as a cup of decaf coffee - around 5 mg. A normal cup of coffee has around 100 mg.

:)

Disney serves Nestle hot chocolate and it sounds like there's nominal caffeine it it...probably no worse than eating a candy bar! And btw, if you go to the UK in Epcot and ask for "hot cocoa," they'll claim they don't have it but they will happily offer you "hot chocolate" instead! :)

Also, the free hot chocolate and the hot chocolate you purchase are not the same. We HATED the free stuff but the stuff we purchase was good. My whole group dumped our free stuff and purchased hot chocolate.

I liked the free hot chocolate we rec'd at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.. The stuff we got at MGM for 10 bucks wasn't very good in my opinion.

The best hot cocoa on the property is at the Italian pavilion at EPCOT. It's just a little stand that sells drinks and bakery items. The cocoa is only $2.50, but it's worth the trip. Yum!

Marie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter