Does Anyone Have the Shrimp n Grits Recipe From Boatwright's?

Darryl Farmer

Earning My Ears
We had dinner at Boatwright's in Port Orleans last Friday night. My wife and I absolutely loved the Shrimp n Grits and would love to try and make this at home. I looked at all the recipes listed here and didn't see it. Thanks!

attachment.php

I've never eaten at Boatwright's, but I live in New Orleans. This is a decent recipe for Shrimp and Grits. You could alter it to match a little closer to Boatwright's or to your taste if needed.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/220907/shrimp-and-grits-louisiana-style/

As per the reviews you can substitute ham, Canadian bacon, bacon, smoked sausage or Andouille sausage for the tasso ham if unavailable. You can use instant grits if that's all you can find - just cook according to package directions. You can add a Cajun spice mix like Tony Chachere's or Slap your Mama if you like it spicier. Many people add cheese and butter to the grits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!