Does anyone have the recipe for WDW Magic Bar?

I'm sorry - I don't have that recipe, but I can add it to the list of Requested Recipes from our "Official Disney Recipe Exchange" thread. I'm not familiar with this, though, so can you give me some additional information? Which restaurant? Is it a snack or dessert? ...maybe some idea of ingredients?

In the meantime, I've copied the request into our thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=27853478#post27853478

Magic Cookie Bars are a great treat. I don't know the specific recipe that WDW uses, but I would imagine it's the same as the one most of us learned ages ago that came on the label of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk.

INGREDIENTS

* 1/2 cup butter or margarine
* 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
* 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
* 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
* 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
* 1 cup chopped nuts

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for glass dish). In 13x9-inch baking pan, melt margarine in oven. Sprinkle crumbs over butter; pour EAGLE BRAND® evenly over crumbs. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly.
2. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired. Cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

7-Layer Magic Cookie Bars
: Substitute 1 cup (6-ounces) butterscotch flavored chips* for 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and proceed as directed above.

Peanut butter flavored chips or white chocolate chips may be substituted for butterscotch flavored chips.

Magic Peanut Cookie Bars
: Substitute 2 cups (about 3/4 pound) chocolate-covered peanuts for semi-sweet chocolate chips and chopped nuts.

Magic Rainbow Cookie Bars
: Substitute 2 cups plain candy-coated chocolate candies for semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Thanks! I did make the recipe from Bordens Condensed milk. It was very good but some how not quite right! Maybe it needs the Disney Magic you can only get at WDW! LOL

Ruby

I'm still looking at one right now, and I can tell you that the ones from Disney have the butterscotch in them. I'm guessing the nut is pecans, but it might be walnuts. Did you make them that way?

I just got a recipe that has one cup of peanut butter chips - could this or butterscotch chips be the "missing ingredient?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter