Does anyone have experience with "Memories by Betsy" delivering to room?

KuyaJeff

Mouseketeer
Well it looks like our January 2013 trip is soon approaching. I had originally planned to have a surprise for our two-year anniversary trip be a the "UnDICOVERed Future World" tour. I ruined the surprise, figuring it would be a nice thing to warn the travel companion that we'd be walking at a steady pace for 4 hours.:thumbsup2

So, this is where "Memories by Betsy"(MemoriesByBetsy.com) comes in! I'm very determined to get some sort of surprise out of this trip. :rolleyes: ...and the Disney Florist seemed a bit too floral/pricey for my budget. :rolleyes1 I was hoping to get things here and there that were along the lines of being Animal Kingdom Lodge/Lion King/Romantic themed. That thing I have covered. I was just wondering more about the execution of delivery and the actual "surprise factor".

We're arriving at MCO around 3:40pmEST on 01/24. Then we'lltaking Magical Express to Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House. Since we'll be checking in together, will the person at check-in have any knowledge about the package in advance? I want to avoid it being brought up in front of him. :sad2: But I do kidn of want to "walk-in" on the basket waiting for us.

My understanding is that they hold it until I actually check-in. Apparently, they don't have the access to "break-in" to my room like the Disney Florist does.

Does anyone have any testimonials or advice on how to talk to Betsy to make this little surprise...a suirprise? Suggestions for the basket would be awesomely appreciated too! TIA

We're aiming for this reaction from him: :eek: :woohoo: :upsidedow
Not: :confused3 :sad2: :sad:

From what I have understood this is not the norm, BUT - we used her in 2009, and 2011, both at ASMufs, with online check in, arriving late evening, and our baskets in Dec. of 2009 were waiting in the room when we got there. In 2011 there were not but thery were brought up soon after we arrived to the room. I don't know how or why they were there the first time, but they were! Betsy was wonderful to work with, she can't get food for you well maybe she can get some of the packaged candies and cookies - she buys her stuff at DTD. Like I said super easy to work with and really great stuff!

Our baskets from Betsy were waiting in our BLT room in 2011, but in 2012 they were left at the front desk until we checked in. I have no idea why it was different each time.

I wouldn't use her. In September, we ordered a surprise for our dd. It was delivered after we checked in, someone brought it to the door. The problem we had was with the gift. She had put the items in a tote, which I knew about, what I didn't know was that she was going to use TRASH to fill it in. As our dd was looking in the tote & started to empty it, she started pulling out empty store bags, paper, an empty box with a picture of some figurine on it. This gift was suppose to be from Mickey & friends & it was a little difficult to explain why Mickey would fill her tote with trash. So even though Disney Florist is more expensive, I will be using them next time.

We have used Betsy 3 or 4 times, always with positive results. My suggestion would be to let her know that it is a gift, and please be careful with what is put in the package. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter