Does anyone have any good brownie recipes?

Not a brownie recipe per se...more of a 'dress the brownie up like a drag queen' recipe.

Bake any brownie (less fudgey works better) and while they're still warm, spread on marshmallow fluff or put on half a bag of mini marshmallows and wait til they're spreadable then spread (so technical right?). Then in a pot, melt together a bag of chocolate chips, a cup of peanut butter and a tablespoon of butter. Once melted, add in 2 cups of rice crispies. Spread over the marshmallow layer then chill.

I've made many types of brownies from scratch, but I have to say the best comes from the Betty Crocker mix with Hershey chunks. As mentioned above, you can dress them up anyway you like; most often we use a bit of chocolate frosting and sprinkles, but they are great on their own. They are my "secret recipe" that so many people enjoy. :thumbsup2

I've tried a few homemade recipes and I've just never liked the taste or consistency of them. :confused3 Not sure why, but I just don't.

I have actually been dubbed the "queen of the brownies" around here between family and friends.

Seriously, I always use a boxed mix (usually Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge---not milk chocolate, not dark chocolate, not with any added things in it, etc)

I mix up two batches in my Kitchen Aid mixer and add in one bag of chocolate chips or sometimes I use a bag of the mini baking M&M's (half in the brownie mixture and the other have sprinkled on top before baking) then I spread it all in my big Bar Pan from Pampered Chef*** and when I start to smell them, I check on them and take them out when I see that they're done. I never go by how long the box says to bake them for. I think many people over cook their brownies so they come out dry. Mine come out nice and moist and fudgy. I know some people like more of a cake brownie and that's fine, but around these parts.....they like 'em fudgy.

I also tried another variation a few months back. I bake up the brownies, this time without adding in a bag of chocolate chips and I took them out of the oven when they had about 5-10 minutes left. I then sprinkled on the bag of chocolate chips, a bag of mini marshmellows and some crushed up graham crackers. SMORE'S brownies!!! :love: :cloud9: :love:

***I truly think that the secret to these brownies is in the pan that I use. I mean, I've given my "secrets" to making brownies (which I really don't have any) but when other people make them, they never come out the same. Since then, I've had other people who love my brownies so much, that they've gone out and bought one of these pans from Pampered Chef and they say it makes all the difference in the world. Not sure if it's because of the material (stoneware) or not, but I do know that one time I let someone borrow my pan and I decided to make up a batch of brownies in a regular 13x9 metal pan and they didn't come out the same (they were edible, but not like in the stoneware pan) And NO, I am not a Pampered Chef consultant, so I'm not looking to push any sales or anything LOL But I do truly believe in the product.

I've used PC stoneware for years (I used to be a consultant - till I got all the pieces:rolleyes1) but I've also used their new very heavy metal pan - and that works great too! The trick is to have the correct size pan and for it to be nice and sturdy - anything which twists and "pings" as it heats/cools is a no no!

I've tried various recipes (including the PC one) and this was recently voted best by DS(11)'s Scout troop (and leaders!)

175g/6oz walnuts or pecans, chopped roughly
115g/4oz plain chocolate (or a mix of plain and milk)
175g/6oz butter
1t vanilla essence (which I left out as I hate it!)
3 eggs
115g/4oz plain (all purpose) flour
1 level t baking powder

1.Grease baking tin and line with parchment. Break chocolate into pieces and melt in a bowl over a pan of simmering water with the butter, stirring gently until they melt together (do not let the water touch the bottom of the bowl).

2. Pour melted butter and chocolate into alarge bowl and stir in sugar and vanilla.

3. Whisk eggs in another bowl and beat into the chocolate mix a little at a time using a wooden spoon.

4. Sift in flour and baking powder and add nuts. Stir together until well mixed.

5. Pour mixture into tin and smooth top, bake for approx 40 mins at 180C/350F/gas 4.

6. Let mixture cool slightly, then cut into squares and transfer to wire rack to cool further (important - sample a few while warm to make sure they are OK;))

7. Hide from kids and DH in an airtight tin and they will last a few days.:thumbsup2

ETA I made them without nuts for scout camp in case of allergies and they turned out just fine.

This is my favorite cakey brownie recipe:

2 sticks butter
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
2 cups flour

greased 9x13 pan
350° 25-30 mins

I've made these many times, with or without nuts & they are wonderful

Chocolate Brown-Sugar Brownies from Food & Wine
MAKE-AHEAD
2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
4 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup pecans (4 ounces), coarsely chopped

Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter and lightly flour a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. In the top of a double boiler, melt the butter with the chocolate; let cool.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs with the granulated sugar and brown sugar until thickened; beat in the vanilla. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the chocolate mixture until combined. Sift the flour over the batter and fold it in. Fold in the pecans.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs attached. Let the brownies cool in the pan for 1 hour before cutting into squares.
Make Ahead The brownies can be refrigerated for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 1 month.

I never bake brownies from scratch, but when using boxed mix, I always add symphony or Heath bars whole to mix.

Pour in half batter , put a layer of the toffee bars and then cover with remaining brownie mix . Gets RAVE reviews everytime.

In a double boiler, melt
½-cup butter
4 oz. Unsweetened chocolate
Let this cool.
Beat together until light and foamy
4 eggs
½ tsp. Salt
Gradually add
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
While still beating
With a few swift strokes combine the cooled chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar. Even if you normally use an electric mixer, do this part manually. Before the mixture becomes uniformly colored, stir in gently,
1 cup sifted all-purpose flower
Nuts are optional, but I feel they get in the way of the sugar fix.
Bake at 350°F, in a 9x13 inch pan for about 25 minutes.*Cut when cool.
(From the 1932 edition of The Joy of Cooking)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter