Does anyone else plan where they want to eat WAY in advance?

Yes!
I always call at 180 days (last year's 90 day window was a little frustrating for me :)). We always seem to make SOME changes when we're there, but at least we know we have ressies at our favorite places.

Umm...I already know where I want to eat on my Baby's First Trip in 2 years from now. We're talking Fall of 2012. (we'll be out of the country until then) I also have contingency plans based on whether or not we decide to do the Dining Plan.

On the Dining Plan
Crystal Palace
Le Cellier
Hoop dee doo
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Tusker House

Not on the Dining Plan
Crystal Palace
Rose & Crown
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Tusker House
Ohana

I just realized that since at least some of the Fantasyland reno should be done by then, I might want to try the new restaurant there.

For my honeymoon, I told my husband that he needed to propose at least 6 months in advance (we already had the date picked out a long time before that) so I could make dining reservations.

I don't really understand the "I don't know what I'll be in the mood for 6 months in advance" argument. There's the atmosphere thing, but also people act like once you make ADRs you can't eat anywhere else. If I didn't want to eat somewhere, I could just pick up the phone the night or morning before and cancel. I could even check for availability elsewhere if I wanted. Having ADRs just guarantees that I have a place to eat.
I have called to alter times before, but most of the time I don't feel restricted at all by ADRs.

i plan way way in advance . 10 or 11 months. then when the 180 days comes up, i book. sometimes i still cant get what i want. le cellier? want to go, havent been able to. i'd rather book way in advance than risk, waiting an hour or two for rezzies and wasting time while im there. plus my 4yodd doesnt want to be waiting around to EAT.

Oh yeah! We have the list of places and cross them off as we go. Each of us can pick a favorite and then we fill in the remaining off the list. Seems harder than it is.

We returned from our first Disney trip not too long ago, and were able to eat at some GREAT places. We are trying to plan for a trip May 2011 and I am already wondering where we should eat next time.... I am thinking

All the ADRs are booked for this October, and I already have October 2011 planned.
Plaza
CRT
Ohana
Hoop De Do Review
CRT
Whispering Canyon Café
Artist Point
Trail’s End
Spirit of Aloha Dinner
Kona Café

Yes. We plan food and then parks based on food.

Yes! We do the same thing. And we plan way in advance, too. In fact on our last trip in Sept '09, I got a killer sunburn at the pool because we just hung out and talked about our next trip and I lost track of time. :rolleyes1

Here's our plan for this September:

Kona - breakfast first day and prob a couple of times during the week as well*
Ohana - breakfast last day
Coral Reef - lunch
Narcoossee's - dinner
California Grill - dinner
Flying Fish - dinner
Yachtsman's - dinner
Artist Point - dinner

* we were originally going to have dinner at The Wave one night in order to stay close to MK for Spectromagic, but we were never thrilled with the menu. I also wasn't over-the-moon when I checked out the other GF restaurant menus. Hubby changed to Kona for that evening because you really can't go wrong with them. I'm still in the air, though - any suggestions?

We returned from our first Disney trip not too long ago, and were able to eat at some GREAT places:

Ohana Dinner
Chef Mickeys Breakfast
Le Cellier Dinner
Crystal Palace Breakfast
CRT Lunch
Boma

We are trying to plan for a trip May 2011 and I am already wondering where we should eat next time.... I am thinking

Donald Safari Breakfast pre park opening
CP Breakfast
Boma
New Pizza Place in Epcot?
Garden Grill?
Coral Reef?

hmmmmmm

You're definitely not alone. I've already been looking at the menus for our trip next summer!

I don't think it's weird at all, but then again I already have 3 or 4 different dining scenarios preplanned(depending on number of days, people etc.) for a 2011 trip:rotfl2:A quick example for you If we take the kids and stay 4 nights (hopefully with the DxDP):
Day 1: Arrival Day
Wolf Gang Puck Express (L) OOP
Hoop Dee Doo Reveiw (D)
Day 2:
Crystal Palace (B)
Askerhaus(L)
Teppan Edo (D)
Day 3:
Tusker House (B)
Yak and Yeti (L)
Sci Fi or Prime Time (D)
Day 4:
Chef Mickeys (B)
Planet Hollywood (L)
Ohanas (D)
Day 5: Departure Day
Grand Floridian Cafe (B)
Earl of Sandwich (L) OOP
Subject to change of course, but can you tell I've thought alot about it?

I've had our ADR plans ready for our March 2011 trip for about two months now. I'm just waiting for the 180 + 10 day mark so I can book. I also looking forward to a nice, easy online booking this time. We got caught in the change over from 90 to 180 days last time and it was a crazy morning. Granted we got everything that we wanted but it was a 4 hour ordeal.

We always know where we want to eat well in advance of our next trip and always call on the day our 180 days open up. To us, where we are having dinner isa big part of our Disney experience every time we are at the World. We always plan for our old favorites that we just have to go back to on every trip and I always try to pick 2 new ones on every trip. We are planning our meals right now for our May 2011 trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter