Does anyone else dislike Space Mountain? isnt it just overrated.

Love it.

It's not a smooth ride but all the older coaster were (and are) still like that. I ride the Racer at Kings Island every year which is a far older coaster than Space Mountain and I swear it shakes my fillings out! OTOH there's another coaster in the same park called the Vortex that's smooth as silk.

I used to enjoy SM until I rode the DL version. Now the WDW SM just makes me wish I were at DL instead. It will be a once a trip ride, if that.

I'm with ya on this one! Space is just too jerky and not enough of a thrill or anything for me, I'll skip it most days

I used to enjoy SM until I rode the DL version. Now the WDW SM just makes me wish I were at DL instead. It will be a once a trip ride, if that.
It's almost the same for me, but I rode it at DL Paris first and I remember loving it so much. WDW's Space Mountain was a let down after that.

I don't hate it but I find it a bit rough and not as much 'fun' as say RnR which while in the dark has enough neon to illuminate some of the ride. So I don't waste a FP on it and if there is a longer wait I don't SB. I probably ride it 1 out of every 2-3 trips.

I do plan to try Hyperspace SM in California if they still have it when I visit.

I've skipped it the last few visits. Too jerky for me. SM in Disneyland in California is still good.

I grew up on the DL version and loved it. I love EE and the coasters I've tried at US. It's not the drops or the darkness. We have a new coaster at Hershey Park that's indoors and dark-ish. It's crazy smooth compared to SM. I really don't like the jerkiness of it. I'd go if one of my kids wanted to and didn't want to go alone. But it's easily skippable for me.

Not a fan either! Guess it's more of a 'teen' thrill ride - maybe they don't mind the jerking so bad! It's the 'being in the dark' and not able to anticipate the turns, etc. - to me just 'very' hard on the neck!! :tilt:
This!
I rode it twice in 2015, January and December. Both times way too jerky. I won't be doing it of my own free will again.

too rough and the darkness doesn't do anything for me. It doesn't excite me, doesn't scare me, it is just dark, big deal. I have not ridden the new "Hyperspace Mountain" at DL. I understand a bit of enhancement has taken place there. That may make it more worthwhile...

Historically, Space Mountain has always been on my WDW "must do" list. However, after riding it a couple weeks ago and feeling like I needed a chiropractic adjustment afterwards, I might skip it on my next trip to WDW. I appreciate it for many reasons, but I'm not sure I'm up for it again any time soon.

I will, however, be visiting Disneyland CA in May for the first time and Hyperspace Mountain is at the TOP of my list!

I can take it or leave it, but still manage to ride it at least once every trip. It's fun, but jerky, and the seating is very uncomfortable. I'm -really- looking forward to trying DLR's version this spring, especially since it will (hopefully) still have the Star Wars overlay. I wish WDW would completely re-do the attraction, but I'm not sure they want to have the amount of downtime it would take to accomplish that.

I'm not a fan of the one in MK, BUT I could ride the Space Mountain at Disneyland all day! Great ride out there!!

I like space mountain but I wouldn't wait that long and don't mind if I miss it. I grew up on short bumpy dark coasters which I don't run into that much so it's probably more memory lane than the ride itself for me.

I want to like it, because I adore little dark coasters. The Mummy at Universal Studios is one of my favourites. But every time I ride Space Mountain, I end up walking off with a nasty headache. I think it just vibrates too much - the tracks aren't smooth like a more modern coaster - and my head bounces around on my neck in a bad way.

At Disney, I just have to stick to riding Everest and BTMRR instead!

It is my husbands must do every trip. I will be nice and go with him once because he puts up with all the rides I want to go on that aren't his favorite. It does make me sick though and I can't imagine going on it multiple times in a row...blah! If the line is short and he wants to do it again I take a nice joy ride on the People Mover.

I enjoyed it but rode the whole ride with my eyes sealed shut because the suddenness in the dark made me queasy, but with eyes closed I could handle it without wanting to puke!!:crazy2::rolleyes1

I had only been sent to the right side before our last trip, and I considered it a 4 motrin ride. Almost as bad as the wooden coasters. In January, DD9 and I rode it and got to go left. Soooo, much better. Still a bit jerky, but no headache/neck pain afterwards! I even voluntarily rode it again 2 days later (also left side; we asked for it that time!). We were also in the front car on both those rides. I love RnR....as long as we are in the middle or front. Back is no bueno.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter