Does anybody own a rotisserie?

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by anniet, Mar 15, 2003.

1. anniet

anniet DIS Veteran

Jul 10, 2002
    Hi All-

My Quest begins on Monday when I officially attend my first WW meeting. (Well my first in about 4 years, I've done WW before and it's the only thing I've had success with).

I do want to focus on using my points for protein, since I do notice it curbs my cravings and I was thinking of investing in a rotisserie. I was just wondering, if you own one, do you like it? What do you like to cook in it?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tiggerlover

tiggerlover <font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br

Jan 29, 2000
    I received one as a gift a few years ago and I love it. However when we moved to Italy I left it in the states because of the different elecectricity here in europe. I do miss it because we did use it a few times a month. Our favorite of course was to make chicken, but it also makes a good pork roast and roast beef.

4. Lesley

Lesley DIS Veteran

Aug 23, 1999
    Dh and I do Atkins, and our rotisserie oven is a godsend! Ok, actually it was a gift from my dad and stepmom one Christmas...and we didn't use it a whole lot until we started Atkins. A whole chicken is a great low carb feast (not eating the whole chicken by yourself....but as a family and we usually have leftovers to make chicken salad).

I made chicken wings in the basket part of it the other night....they turned out sooooooo good! And it does a good job with turkey breast too. Haven't tried a roast yet...but I should!
  5. TigH

TigH <font color=red>WISH success story<br><font color=

Jun 1, 2000
    Hi, Annie!

I don't own one. I just wanted to say good luck at WW and I hope to see you around here ALL THE TIME! :) I love WW and it's always great to read about everyone else's experience/success.

Good luck!!!! Two rotisserie recommendations are good enough for me. Go shopping now! ha ha! ;)
  6. MaryAnnDVC

MaryAnnDVC "Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Feb 9, 2001
    We got the Ronco Rotisserie, based on overwhelming recommendations from my sisters-in-law and their husbands, and we love it too. I make mostly chicken and pork chops; also, I've done salmon steaks. DH does a lot of the cooking tho, and he's too willing to stick to the old oven, but I'm working on him.

This summer I want to try doing vegetables in it.

About thing I love about my rotisserie is that it doesn't heat up the kitchen like the oven does.