Does anybody actually like Figment?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by MickeysMagicalMiles, Dec 3, 2009.

1. hookedonears

hookedonears Louisianan

This ride reminds me of a place where people go to relax and just get out of the heat, though they do every thing obnoxiously possible to keep you from falling asleep. Instead of telling people about imagination, they should create a ride where people might actually be able to use their imagination. The TTA in the Magic Kingdom is a great place to relax, not this place.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AZMyers

AZMyers Mouseketeer

DH and I made the mistake of riding Figment last at Epcot....what a disappointment!!!

4. buckylarue

buckylarue Can't decide who's Statler and who's Waldorf...

I wouldn't say the original was my favorite old Epcot ride (that would be a toss-up between Horizons and World of Motion), but I would rate it a solid 8 on a 1 to 10 scale. The first redo, a 2, and I'm being generous. The current version, maybe a 5 or 6; likable, but not as memorable as it was in the olden days. Cheshire Figment, good luck, and keep pushing for Dreamfinder's return!!

5. Cinderella1122

Cinderella1122 DVC member since 2008

The figment ride is an inside joke for my sister and myself. We took our first trip together in 06' and it had been 6 years since our last family trip and weren't really familiar with the layout of the parks. We were in Epcot and I had the use the restroom really really bad. My sister told me their was probably one in that big building. So without reading the sign, I ran in and went all the way to the front where a red monorail was waiting. So I hopped on. I guess I thought it was a monorail to the main building? Who knows. I spent the whole ride in pain and my sis laughing her butt off. She now asks me if I want to ride the bathroom ride.

6. Karlzmom

Karlzmom DIS Veteran

What's NOT to Love?:love::love:

7. Tara922c

Tara922c DIS Veteran

I love it!

8. Art 1

Art 1 DIS Veteran

Don't really care for it but ride it maybe once a year.

9. B&WMickey

B&WMickey DIS Veteran

Love the purple guy but not a big fan of the current incarnation of the ride. Would love it if they could bring back something closer to the original ride along with the hands-on displays that went with it in the post ride area.

10. SuzieN

SuzieN DIS Veteran

I:love:Figment, the purple dragon! The ride....not so much.

11. figmentsimagination

figmentsimagination I've been earning my ears for years

12. Hunclemarco

Hunclemarco DIS Veteran

I liked the original better and would like it to return; the current one is just ok....good to get out of the hot weather and enjoy some air conditioning. Now that Kodak is out, it would be nice if they utilized the exit area a bit better...hate to see all the wasted space.

13. Rhongepooh

Rhongepooh <font color=red>I must ponder this news<br><font c

Ok I'll probably get BANNED from the DIS for saying this but. . . .

I actually like this figment ride MORE than the original :scared1::scared1:

There I said it!!!

I actually thought the original was kind of boring and just a bit odd. . . .

now the imagination station. . .that's a totally different story. . the original rocked!:woohoo:

14. kaligal

kaligal DIS Veteran

I love Figment. :)

15. snitchesandmice

snitchesandmice Mouseketeer

I like the original heaps better, but I still adore figment. It's a must do when i'm at Epcot.

16. DisneyDetective

DisneyDetective DIS Veteran

i've always loved Figment and esp enjoyed the ORIGINAL' attraction, i never understood why they changed it. now they have left the pavilion empty and the area looks terrible!

17. kathie859

kathie859 DIS Veteran

The Figment "improvement" debacle is classic "fixing something that isn't broken" mentality. The original was so incredibly complex and enjoyable. The current version a watered down version.:confused3

18. CatNipRules

CatNipRules <font color=royalblue>Overplanner Extraordinaire..

I wubs Figment!! I love him cause he's purple and so much fun!!

19. missy120

missy120 Earning My Ears

YES!!!!! The ride is a must do every trip for us.

20. pigletto

pigletto DIS Veteran

Figment I love. Figments current ride? Not so much. I like to think he's going through an awkward phase. I will continue to love him through it, and hopefully he will grow out of it:rotfl:

21. DisneyLoverUSA

DisneyLoverUSA DIS Veteran

I don't like the figment ride or POTC.