Does anybody actually like Figment?

oh golly, I still have dreams about the original ride. It really left an impression on you. Such a shame.

I was never on the original, only the current version 3-4 times. Every trip it's worth a ride, and it's always good for a guaranteed smile on your face. :)

I'm glad to see so many people come out in support of Figment!

After my first trip, I told my husband I was okay never riding it again. Then, the song got onto CDs in the car and I love the song! I consider it a must do now, but I find the ride disappointing. I'm more in love with the concept of promoting imagination and the finale song than I am with the ride itself.

Cheshire Figment, thanks for the information you posted from the shareholders meeting. As a relatively recent Disney convert, I had no idea about Dreamfinder or some of the other information you posted. Thanks to Robo as well for the overview of the ride's history.

our DD was completely enchanted with the Journey ride (the first version) when she was 3. It wasn't unheard of to do the 3 to 4 times in one day. When we went back in 2000, what a let down. The new version is OK, nice break and the music is simular from the first one. Hopefully the next refurb will go retro and bring back most elements of the original ride. :tinker:

Come on, nobody likes figment, or do they?
The ride isn't too bad but it is no Pirates of the Caribbean. Please state your comments on the subject!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I like Figment, and my 11 DS loves him. Even in the new incarnation.

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

I like figment, he can do anything he wants, he is only limited by his imagination :thumbsup2

The old version was one of my favorites. I only marginally tolerate the new one.

NOTE: When they put Dreamfinder and Figment back into ride, they did not put back all the track, so the ride is shorter and not impressive at all. The removed track sections made for more shop/souvenir area, so I guess money was more important than the ride. Duh.
I have information from an extremely reliable source (in WDI) that the original track, including the turntable, is still in place and a raised flooring was installed over the track. Both the Disaster and the current version use part of the original track where just a small amount of tract was added to reduce the size of the loop. If they ever are going to do a rehab to bring back something similar to the original a lot of what they would need to do is just remove the flooring.

When Figment returned, he brought the song with him.

The song is the actual finale to the current ride.

(You must have been so unimpressed with the revision, overall, that
your mind was numbed into missing the tune. ;) )

That must be it because I definitely don't remember the song being in it :)
I'll have to pay special attention when I go in May...

I like the ORIGINAL ride...Not the crap it became after the first re-design, nor the crap it became AFTER the 2nd re-design..But I do love that little guy.

The original was one of my favorites. I loved the presentation with the opening scene of Dreamfinder and Figment on the Dreamcatcher and then finally moving off into the ride. I do think it needed updating and they could have kept the scenes similar but used new technology for some incredible scenes but they decided that peoples attention span is to short so they cut the ride time in half and threw in a bunch of equipment that looked like an IT center. I did like the connect the dot scene but they pulled that out in the second redo. Hopefully they will see fit to do something completely different on the next remodel.

We love Figment, but again it has to fdo withthe original ride. Not just the ride, but the Imagination studio that came after the ride. It's such a shame what happened to all that. The new post show is so minor compared to the original and what it was for the time. I can remember spending over an hour there, and my dad finally dragging us out.

They could do SO much more with the whole thing!

I like Eric Idle very much, but the image of him with all the make-up is ghastly. (I want to say silver make-up, as to look like the man-in-the-moon.)

Not just the ride, but WDW could do SO much with the post-ride, that just isn't being done.

I love Figment! Loved the original ride when I was very little, but I honestly like the current version as well.

Figment? Are you talking about the low budget, completely outdated, time killer ride at EPCOT? The I've ridden everything else, am just about to leave, though waiting for my fast pass return to Soarin ride? The answer is no. It's way overdue for reimagineering. The only thing good about it is that there's never a line and there's a good reason that there's never a line.

Bring back the original ride, please!

It was one of my favorites. The new one, not so much.

This is a good example of the appeal of the original Epcot Studios. Sure things became old and out-dated but that's what updating something is all about. There just wasn't anything like that first visit to this park when the old attractions were all "shiny & new". (To quote Horizon's great song.)

I wish that Disney would find that imagination and playful spirit back.

I love Figment and have pictures of mt cousins and myself in 84' w/ Dreamfinder. Maybe next time, they will get the refurb right :(

Of course we all loved the old Figment... but I still don't mind the refurb it's a nice little relaxation ride with air conditioning that's cute and keeps you awake more than Hall of Presidents.

I secretly love Figment...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter