Does anybody actually like Figment?

I love Figment!!! I agree too that the new ride is lame but we still go on it and enjoy, but it is so not how it used to be back in the early 90's when I first went to Disney!!

They need to bring back the original Journey into Imagination complete with Dreamfinder!!! While they're at it, bring back the Odyssea restaurant too!!!

YES. I like Figment and believe JII is better for him being in it. Like many others here, I first met Figment in the original Imagination attraction. Also like many others, the main reason I like Figment is that I remember the original. I ride the current version every time I'm there, but usually not more than once. I'm sure that if this version were my first impression of Figment and the attraction itself, I would not care one way or the other about Figment. I probably wouldn't ride more than once ever. To me, Figment is a key part of "going to WDW." And so, I sit through this version and try to wait patiently for the (rumored) refurb and (hopefully) the return to its previously glory.

I wish we had gone on the Old version of Figment. We go on this every time we go to Disney World. Our kids really enjoyed it when they were really little. It is hoakie as can be but we do it just for kicks. It's part of our good memories more than anything.

I love Figment...and Dreamfinder! We still occasionally ride this lame ride just to see Figment but he is being badly wasted. Much as Six Flags wastes the Looney Tunes characters. :(

Come on, nobody likes figment, or do they?
The ride isn't too bad but it is no Pirates of the Caribbean. Please state your comments on the subject!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I love Figment. We usually arrive at EC around 3pm on our first day in WDW and we head directly to Figment.

I like Figment and I am glad too see that so many remember the original ride so fondly.

Another thing that gets my goat is having to sit thru the 10-minute Kodak infomercial before seeing the 3D "Honey I shrunk the Audience movie".

Watching that clip brought back so many memories - I enjoy the new one but no, it is nothing like the old one and it is astonishing that they felt the need to change it. The whole pavillion was amazing. You could easily spend two hours in there before they changed it and eliminated the second floor. What a waste. I always go once when we go to Epcot, but it is not the same at all.

Another thing that gets my goat is having to sit thru the 10-minute Kodak infomercial before seeing the 3D "Honey I shrunk the Audience movie".
I loved the original done to "True Colors". I liked it better than the 3-d show in fact.

I rode it a few months back and it was forgettable. My DD5 didn't care for it for sure, as her exact quote after getting off was "Figment's not nice. I don't like Figment!"

I can't recall if I ever rode the original version--I'd have to check some old ride video and see if it rings a bell. :idea:

I remember when Figment was all over EPCOT...at least in the shops. The only place you could buy Figment merchandise was at EPCOT. He was practically the unofficial mascot of EPCOT.

I loved the old ride, I still ride the new ride but I really miss the Dreamfinder/Figment combo.

I remember when Figment was all over EPCOT...at least in the shops. The only place you could buy Figment merchandise was at EPCOT. He was practically the unofficial mascot of EPCOT.

I loved the old ride, I still ride the new ride but I really miss the Dreamfinder/Figment combo.

I think Bill has it right--I think Figment was to be the Mickey of Epcot. The original attaction was really, really cool. Not sure why it needed to be changed at all. Figment is still a cute character, but his stature is diminshed by the current attractions and the addition of traditional Disney characters to Epcot.:earsboy:

I loved the original done to "True Colors". I liked it better than the 3-d show in fact.

There was one before "True Colors" where the song was "Capture a Smile" that I really liked. (but maybe that was Captain EO ?)

Here's another vote for the original Imagination. I loved Dreamfinder and Figment in that one (and the little song from that one, too!)

Here's another vote for the original Imagination. I loved Dreamfinder and Figment in that one

(and the little song from that one, too!)

The song, "One Little Spark" ("Im-MAJJJ-in-NAY-shun, Im-MAJJJ-in-NAY-shun..." ) is still used in the current ride.

One of my DGD's (4) came on the ride with me and was having a great time with it when Figment mentions that he's going to turn everything "Upside down!" DGD looked at me she was quite scared and said "You said we weren't going on a scary ride!" Luckily she did understand the it was the room that would be upside down. Whew! Now we go on it and smile and remember that!

DS loved the original version and Figment was his favorite WDW character, that was in the 80s. It's not the same, but it's still bringing smiles to our family.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I had such a hard time finding a suffed Figment this past summer. Finally found him - he's sitting on my desk.

I wish they would bring back the original ride - it was great!

Figment is one of my MOST favorite memories of my first trip to WDW!!! My brother and I were just talking about it this week. I wish he would still do character meets out in the parks!!!!

I had forgotten just how good the original version was until I read this thread and watched it on youtube. I am amazed that Disney would change a great attraction to a mediocre one. Love Figment though.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!