Does a Shutters package carry over?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by DisneyDream2B, Nov 16, 2012.

1. DisneyDream2B

DisneyDream2B Mouseketeer

Prior to the digital photo CDs, we have purchased Shutters packages, and they allowed us to use any 'leftover' credits on future cruises, any ship. This was facilitated with a punch card. We often don't buy multiple photos, just one or two. Does anyone know if they allow you to buy, for example, a 20 digital photo package, but use them over several cruises?
    Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Namsupak

Namsupak DIS Veteran

They do not carry over.

4. holula

holula DIS Veteran

We did a b2b and they did carry the prints over for us, but usually no.

5. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Occasionally, the Shutters manager will do it on a B2B cruise (charging the package to the second cruise but allowing a few photos from the first leg to be held and included.) That is the only situation I'm aware of when photos could be carried over or combined.

6. Maria1985

Maria1985 Mouseketeer

That makes two of us.

7. Mickey&JoshNut

Mickey&JoshNut <font color=purple>It's not nice to distract the c

I was told on our last cruise (October 7th Pixar Cruise on the Wonder) that the credits do not expire. I had credits left over and I was going to "downgrade" my package and I was told by the manager on the Wonder to hold onto my card and that I could use the remaining photo credits on a future cruise. I asked if it had to be on the Wonder and I was told no, any Disney ship, just keep your card with receipt attached. I hope she was right, because I had 7 credits left. We'll be taking the card with us when we cruise on the Fantasy in May 2013.

8. DisneyDream2B

DisneyDream2B Mouseketeer

Thanks for the response. May I ask, did you buy the digital photo package?
    We are cruising in a few days, and would like to buy a package, but use the credits over 2-3 cruises, if that is possible.
    Thanks

9. Goofy559

Goofy559 Cruise Junkie

I had credits left over from a June 11 Dream cruise that I just used on the wonder in Oct. I think it is easier on the classic ships as shutters is set up a bit differently - once u have a package they just cross photos off your card. On the newer shops they seemto cross reference in the computer and give u a receipt for the prints at a zero charge plus cross off your card.

10. Mickey&JoshNut

Mickey&JoshNut <font color=purple>It's not nice to distract the c

No, I bought a regular photo package, not a digital package.

11. Namsupak

Namsupak DIS Veteran

This is good to know as we have always been told that they are just for the one cruise,unless back to back.

12. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

We have always been told this as well. Yet again another example of Shutters employees doing what they want when they want to. :sad2:

13. DobieLover

DobieLover Earning My Ears

What is the approx price point for some of the photo packages?

14. mammacaryn

mammacaryn Don't be a JERK!

I have specifically asked on one of our cruises and was told we had to use them on the ship.(this was on the magic in 2010) We ended up purchasing some of the stock photos.

15. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Here is a price list from a 7 night cruise, the only difference for shorter cruises would be the full CD price is lower:
    [​IMG]

:cutie: