Does 6 yro need stroller at WDW?

thebigtrip

Mouseketeer
Last time we were at WDW we had a 4 yro and a 2 yro. We loved the umbrella strollers that laid back. They are now 6 and 3. We will definitely take a stroller for the 3 yro but what about the 6yro. She has basically outgrown her umbrella stroller. Will we need a stroller for her?

I say NO to the stroller for the 6 yo. We went to Disney World in October with about the same ages. DS#2 who was 2 1/2 then absolutly needed one. DS#1 who will be 7 in April walked most of the time and was too excited to ride. We rented park a stroller rather than taking one with us and it actually worked out pretty well in taht aspect. (( :duck: although in hind sight I would have liked to have it to get on and off the monorail and throughout the resorts. )) In the Parks. we usually some how fenagled (sp?) it so both could ride in one together, our older son straddled where DS#2s feet would go (Jogger stroller or the cart type) or they'd take turns. But what a hassle it has been in the past pushing 2 strollers when one would have been plenty. But to each his own ... :moped:

Its depends on her stamina and your days plans. When our son was 6 he only needed a stroller on the days we didnt take a midday break, so we rented him one.

There was a real heated thread about this not too long ago if you are interested in searching.

I don't think they will need it . We didn't take one for our 5 yr old and it was incredably freeing! We were there over Easter and gone all day from 8 AM until midnight. He has more energy than I do, and if I can walk it he can.

Depends on your child. Give it a go with no stroller and rent one if you need to. I took a 5 1/2 year old who wouldn't dream of riding in a stroller. HOWEVER, there were days when I wish I could have ridden in a stroller!!!!

Have fun.

My DS7 normally doesn't ride in one at home, but halfway through our vacation he normally gets tired and wants to ride. I take my umbrella for the first part of the trip for DD3, then by the end I'm renting a double for both of them.

I could make him walk, but I know he gets less tired if he can ride (especially if he asks to ride in the stroller). It saves my sanity by letting him ride and not get quite as tired. He normally walks around MK (we go there early in the trip), but by the time we get to MGM and esp EPCOT, he's toast.

It really is about what you're kids can handle. Just keep in mind that in WDW kids get more tired, even if you keep them on their regular sleep schedule.

My DS did not use one last year when we went. He had turned 6 the month before. With that said, if he needed a rest, he knew to let us know and we would. We also had a 12 month old with us, so we did sit quite a bit anyway! Maybe will just depend on stamina and what you want to get done each day! :sunny:

I'd get the double stroller and then he could use it if he needed it. You're going to need one for the 3 yr. old anyway so why not? I personally wouldn't care what other people thought. Or whether or not there were too many strollers. It's a lot of walking and they're great for them to watch parades from etc. You're paying for your vacation and it should be whatever is most convenient for you. I plan on renting a double stroller in Jan. for our almost 6 yr. old and 4 yr. old. We'll be there 9 days and that can get tiring after awhile. Also you always know where they are when they're in a stroller. It kind of eases my mind... :thumbsup2

My oldest DD was 6 for both of our trips last year.She didn't need a stroller but I did get her one for the day that we toured the World Showcase because I wanted to take my time.She stayed out of it more than in because of the kidcot stations.But if she had really complained about being tired and a break didn't work then I would have rented her one.

Take one for the 3 yr old, and rent one in the park for the 6 yr old if she gets tired. At MK, everything is so close together that a stroller might not be necessary, but at EPCOT there's a lot more walking!

That said, we've only used a stroller once in WDW, when DD was 2 1/2. DD5 was quite a strong walker (gymnastics and skating) and did 4 days of walking without any problems.

My six year old did not need a stroller but a mid-day nap? Even the 8 year old took one, as did the 41 year old Mom!

Last year DS was a couple months away from being 6 and he used one most of the time, and took a mid day nap a couple of times. We will rent a double again this year even though he will be almost 7 since I'll need one for my DS who is 4. This way we have the room for bags and snacks if he isn't using it, but if he needs a break, he can take one.

Now that my DD is older, we only rent one on the days we are at Epcot. That is a lot of walking, and having her in the stroller makes it easier for me - I can take my time shopping and looking around!! My DD loves stopping at the kidcot stations!

Have a great trip!!! :stitch:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter