Doctor Who coming to Disney XD

RBrooksC

Mouseketeer
Disney has picked up Seasons Two through Four (David Tennant Doctor) to show on Disney XD.

Now, maybe not everybody is into The Doctor like I am or my son is, but being that the show has been around for over 50 years in one form or another and it is popular with children and adults, what are the chances that putting on XD is a Trial Balloon to see if it is a property they could eventually add to their parks?

The Disney company tried to do this back in the late 80s/early 90s. Right now in England there is "The Doctor Who Experience" and I can see Disney jockeying to get the US Rights to use Doctor Who in their parks.

To be honest, and yes I am a huge Doctor Who fan so I may be a bit biased, but I think it would be a great addition to the parks. My son, who is 9, LOVES Doctor Who. He loves it so much that this was the theme of his birthday in February. My daughter who is six is beginning to enjoy it and it is one of the only shows we all watch as a family.

I could see it in both Tomorrowland, which is where Disney was going to use it back in the late 80s and also in the Disney "Not sure what the name is going to be now but won't be called " Studios.

Any thoughts?

I always wanted to see Doctor Who on the Disney. If they do make a ride, it would fit in both Hollywood or Epcot.

I also had a thought it would fit perfectly in Great Britain. Just set up the TARDIS next to a facade that looks like the rest of the buildings in the area. This can create the illusion that it is "bigger on the inside." Then create an experience that only the Imagineers can do

Thats a good one for Disney XD alot of people latched onto Dr Who during Tennant and Matt Smith's reign as the DR.
they were quite energetic and it was good family entertainment, im not a big fan of the new Doctor Peter Capaldi he dosnt capture the same feelings that David & Matt brought to the franchise!

Disney could have a Tardis in Epcot that would be amazin! lol in the UK Pavillion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter