Doctor Disney reporting DDP snack removals...(update:Just a glitch!)

REALLY!?!? Why? Does this give Disney some savings? Just in time for my trip....

REALLY!?!? Why? Does this give Disney some savings? Just in time for my trip....
I just cannot imagine this being accurate. Perhaps they are updating the system and those places are not showing up as taking plans right now or something. It just seems awfully strange to me. I am hoping someone has heard something somewhere else.

Anyone?

Our fall break has switched to Columbus week this year, so no more free dining for us. Just wondering if it is really happening. :)

Just saw the article and my first thought was to check the boards. I'm really surprised I don't see more about it. Hopefully it's wrong!

Just saw the article and my first thought was to check the boards. I'm really surprised I don't see more about it. Hopefully it's wrong!

That was my first thought too! Gotta check the DIS! I sure hope they have wrong information. There is going to be a TON of unhappy guests if this does happen.

This is exactly what I was afraid of when the supposedly positive changes were announced earlier this week so I have been expecting a shoe to drop. The wording seemed hinky, like they could be reining in snack options. I so hope this is wrong. :(

I am not positive, but about 99% sure, that the official Disney dining sites have stated "Dining Plans Not Accepted" for any location that does not qualify as a Quick-Service or Table-Service credit for months. This should not be taken as an indication that these locations will not accept snack credits!!! If the dining plan changes materialize today as expected, I have no idea if they would let you use a Quick-Service credit to get 3 Dole Whips at Aloha Isle, but I sincerely doubt there would be any problem with using snack credits the same way as before.

I am not positive, but about 99% sure, that the official Disney dining sites have stated "Dining Plans Not Accepted" for any location that does not qualify as a Quick-Service or Table-Service credit for months. This should not be taken as an indication that these locations will not accept snack credits!!! If the dining plan changes materialize today as expected, I have no idea if they would let you use a Quick-Service credit to get 3 Dole Whips at Aloha Isle, but I sincerely doubt there would be any problem with using snack credits the same way as before.

I think you have got it! There are reported changes to the DDP that will allow CS meals to be traded for snack credits. and therefore the notices make sense. Thank you for thinking this through!

All of the positives about the new DDP changes (and there are many of those) will unfortunately get completely sidelined if reports that Dole Whips are no longer Snack items turn out to be true... It would surprise me if Disney really misjudged its audience that badly though.

If Dole Whips are still counted as Snacks though, the big question will be whether you can today use a QS Credit to buy three Dole Whips - I rather doubt that will be the case.

Andre

Last edited:
I think you have got it! There are reported changes to the DDP that will allow CS meals to be traded for snack credits. and therefore the notices make sense. Thank you for thinking this through!
No problem! I'm just so sure that I saw the same "Dining Plans Not Accepted" when I first started planning and looking at menus, and so far it hasn't stopped people from using snack credits or there would have been a million threads about not being able to get a Dole Whip. I think everyone's just excited for more information on the anticipated changes and the official site's information is poorly worded which translated into a big misunderstanding!

I expect it's a response to all the articles out there about how to "get the most from your snack credits". I think many people are setting a goal of milking the plan out of the most expensive snacks instead of just getting what they actually want to eat. Too much of this = Disney loses money = plan changes.

This is a bummer for us!!
We always use snacks at storybook treats and Kusafiri
It will definitely make me rethink the DDP if paying for it
The snacks and refillable mug were always our bonus!

This is a bummer for us!!
We always use snacks at storybook treats and Kusafiri
It will definitely make me rethink the DDP if paying for it
The snacks and refillable mug were always our bonus!

See the below post, I think she has the answer to the signage. I really do not see Disney reducing the snack options when they are pushing the DDP as muchas they currently have been doing.

I did a chat with a Disney person and she said she can't confirm that's true, but check back on June 4th. She said from what she's been told that snack credit offering will be expanding. I don't see how it would be expanding if so many places would be taken off the charts. I think this'll be one of those I'll believe it when I see it things :) I would also think these places would lose a ton of business if they didn't offer snacks. It's not like they don't get reimbursed!

I don't think there's any truth to this. In the things we've been seeing about the expansion of the Dining Plan offerings, all single serve items would now be available for snack credits. It makes no sense for Disney to make that change and then remove many of those same single serve offerings. I think PoohsHunnyBee is right about Disney trying to make it clear that places like Aloha Isle and Gaston's Tavern aren't Quick Service establishments.

UPDATE 2: A concierge Cast Member gave a little update and info directly from the CM website: “It says snacks are accepted at all Disney operated restaurants but operating participants are not included. . I believe most on this list are ‘operating participants’ – for instance Aloha Isle is owned by Dole. It says more updates to come later. Maybe it’s just temporary.”

This makes a little sense to me. If they are making some system changes due to the new DDP options, maybe the non-Disney owned locations aren't getting the upgrades just yet? Hopefully if this is true, it changes soon!

Although, I would think some of those places, like Gaston's Tavern, are Disney owned, no?

I think I just talked myself out of this idea, haha.

Well at least I can still get the dole whip at ak. Tamu tamu refreshments says it's still accepting the plan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter