1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Do you wonder what happens to the people left behind after the media leaves?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Randi, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Randi

Randi <font color=purple>Don't you dare dangle my meat i

Like the wife of the Boston bomber? She had a job, a young daughter, & had become a Muslim. Last reported that she had moved back to her parents. Wonder if she is still a Muslim, what she tells her child, etc.

Or the girlfriend of the NFL player now in jail for murder. Was she able to continue living in the $$house with her child? Did she have to move or just want to? Wonder if she had a share of his money or if he is using it all for his legal problems.

Or the children fathered by their mothers' captors. What happens to them? Will they ever be able to accept the past & move on? Their mothers seem to be doing OK, but the children share genetics with their fathers.

I know we'll never have answers, but I still wonder. Guess I have too much time on my hands :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. low-key

low-key DIS Veteran

sounds like a good ideal for a tv news program, "where are they now"

4. JVL1018

JVL1018 Guest

There's an article in People this week about the wife of the Boston bomber.
    Reportedly, she's still Muslim, but is reverting back to wearing her old style of clothing, though sometimes still wears her head coverings etc. took back her maiden name, living with her parents.

5. Tiggeroo

Tiggeroo Grammar Nazi

I do sometimes wonder. I wonder about the young women who were held captive for long periods of time. Do they always have nightmares. Are they able to live well as revenge? What happens to the parents of people who commit horrible crimes. How do they go on?

6. beaucoup

beaucoup DIS Veteran

Not really.
    If we found out, the media hadn't ever really left then, did they.

7. daughtersrus

daughtersrus DIS Veteran

We were just talking about this the other night with some neighbors. The media was in and out of our neighborhood quite a bit covering the Drew Peterson saga. Since his conviction, things have quieted down but his children with Kathleen still struggle. Both Tom and Kris are in college. It can be difficult to make good choices while in college without all of the baggage that comes with having your father convicted of murdering your mom.

The children with Stacey are much younger so time will tell with them.

The one good thing is that their last name is pretty common so it's not as obvious that they're Drew's kids just by hearing their names.