Poll: Do you want to see a new BC/YC FAQ thread or keep the current one going?

Should I start a new Beach and Yacht Club FAQ thread or keep the current one going?

• Let's go with a brand spankin new thread!

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • If it ain't broke, and won't get shut down, don't "fix" it

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
I still have not been able to find out if there is a cap to the number of pages a thread can have before it is shut down. With the previous server, threads were shut down when they reached a "jumbo status" of 250 pages.

I have done most of the work needed to start up a new thread, so that is not the issue.

Is it better to have a nice "clean" slate or would you like to continue to have the posts remain so that they are easily searchable if you are looking for specific info?

There won't be any "new" content on the first page of the thread- it will look exactly like what is there now.

I am definitely conflicted about what to do, so I am asking the people who use the thread what they would prefer.

If I do start a new thread, I want to do it when I hit the 13,000 post milestone (which is rapidly approaching)

Thanks for your input, friends!

:banana::banana::banana:

Beach Club Dee

Last edited:
I went with the new thread Dee, although I love the current one. My rationale, you already did so much work and I think you should show it off my friend! However, I could have easily voted "if it ain't broke don't fix it" since I enjoy the current thread and all the friendly peeps on it. See, it's not only resorts I change my mind about ;) Keep up the great work! Thank you for all that you do!

I voted new thread, but I too acquiesce to your preference. I appreciate all that you do

Dee - I am really good either way, but would love for you to roll the new thread out with your #13,000 since you have already done the work!!!

I love the thread and the people who post on it. New one, same one - it's all good. I voted to keep the current one, only because it's less work for our Natebenma.

I went with keep old one, but really-I will follow either way! Such great information and really friendly posters-Can't go wrong either way :)
and the Star wars weekend thread is well over 500 pages...

I went with the new thread Dee, although I love the current one.
4ce11.jpg

I'd like to stay with the old thread but if we must start a new thread can we change over to a polyester blend, preferably in some sporty color, like plaid?

~NM

Voted for new thread but only because you've done the work and doing it on your 13000 seems like an awesome thing to do! Thanks for all your hard work and really I'm just happy to be part of such a happy gang of disers even if I don't add much I love all the chat :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter