"Do You Want to Go to Disney? Come on Let's Go and Play!" - A May 2017 PTR (Updated 2/16)

mkate9

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

EPCOT_WSCITALYICON_7679039707.jpg

My name is Morgan and I'm an engineer, dog mom, and Disney lover. I took my first trip to Disney World when I was five years old and I officially caught the Disney-bug on a trip with my parents to celebrate my college graduation. I am a big fan of The Haunted Mansion, Beauty and the Beast, and avocado margaritas.

AK_OUTFITTERSCHAR1_7676127276.jpg

My travel buddy is Jeremiah. He works in the banking industry and while he also took several trips as kid, I like to think I passed my obsession on to him on our trip last year. He is a big Star Wars fan who also loves Splash Mountain and California Grill.

unnamed.jpg

I can't wait to do a very brief trip report of our 2016 trip, explain how this trip came to be, and figure out our plan of attack for 2017. Thanks for joining me!

Last edited:
Following along! We're also going in May and I also love Haunted Mansion, Beauty and the Beast, and avocado margaritas :drinking1

Another May traveler here :wave2: DH and I are doing a kid-free trip the 18-22nd. Looking forward to hearing your plans!

Hi, I'm a third May traveler here! I need to try these avocado margaritas that I've heard so much about!! I'm excited to hear about your plans

Following along! We're also going in May and I also love Haunted Mansion, Beauty and the Beast, and avocado margaritas :drinking1

Thanks for joining in! I've really enjoyed reading your Disney and Universal trip reports :thumbsup2

Another May traveler here :wave2: DH and I are doing a kid-free trip the 18-22nd. Looking forward to hearing your plans!

:wave: Happy to have you following along! I've loved reading your trip reports! May is such a great time to be at Disney :earsgirl:

Hi, I'm a third May traveler here! I need to try these avocado margaritas that I've heard so much about!! I'm excited to hear about your plans

Thanks for following along! The avocado margaritas are soooo good...although I haven't met many Disney drinks I didn't like :drinking1

When we got home from our last trip, I immediately went to work convincing Jeremiah that we should start planning our next trip. Luckily, it didn't take much convincing! We had done a split stay in 2016, with two nights at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal, three nights at POR, and four nights at AKL. We had great stays at all three, but AKL really got us hooked on Deluxes.

IMG_2727.JPG

IMG_2869.JPG

For our 2017 trip, we decided to rent DVC points for another split stay, this time for five nights at BCV and three nights at BLT. I was already busy planning this trip out and looking forward to our ADR date (as I'm sure you all can understand) and then this happened:

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg
Eeeek! It was one of the most amazing days of my life and I can't wait to marry him! It did throw a little bit of a wrench in our Disney planning though. I had always thought that we would take a Disneymoon, but I knew we wouldn't be married by the time this trip was scheduled. After some discussion, we decided to take this trip as an early honeymoon! We love Disney World in May (this will be my fourth May trip in so many years!) and we had already put a deposit down on the rented DVC points, so it just made sense!

So we'll officially be spending the first part of our Disneymoon at BCV and the second part at BLT with 7-day park hoppers! 2017 is shaping up to be quite an exciting year!

I haven't stayed at the Hard Rock yet but I can't wait. I loved staying at AKL though.

I would do DVC points but I always change my mind :rotfl:

Congrats on the engagement!

Congratulations. We will be doing two days at Disney World. Then a four day Disney Cruise, followed by 6 more days at Disney World. We will be there mid May. Hope to see you there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter