Do you use fabric softener in your laundry?

I guess I'm the oddball :) ...we use an all-natural non-alkaline laundry detergent made by Melaleuca and love it! And we also use the same brand of fabric softener, which smells great. I used to use Tide and Downy, and also was a fan of the scent :), but was surprised at the harsh ingredients found in Tide.

I use any detergent that's on sale, but never deviate from Downy April Fresh liquid. I don't use it for towels, the don't absorb as well. I use 1/2 to 3/4 to save money, and it doesn't make a difference in the feel of my clothes. I hang most of my stuff, so dryer sheets are not an option. Also, when I was in high school, we had a fire in our dryer. The fireman said it was caused from the film left by the dryer sheets. I am sure, over 25 years later, they've fixed that problem, but I always think about. I use dryer sheets on vacation with detergents in tablet form (so much easier).

I use Tide HE and Downey, either Clean Breeze or Mountain Fresh. We ned to start using sheets again as we sometimes need to wash loads twice (5 yr old is wetting bed at night) or we forget to switch right away and that is using up a lot of the liquid softner. When we do use sheets, it is Downey as well.

I'm smelling my shirt right now. I'm a Tide and Downy freak too!
I prefer the Clean Breeze scent in the Tide, Downy Fabric Softener and Dryer Sheet the best. I like because it remindes me of the summer time, particularly around the time we are doing our planning go to Disney. Which by the way is now! I started using the combo two years ago and love it.

During the fall/winter I switch to the Mountain Spring scent in all three. I know call me crazy but, hey we have clean good smelling clothes.

BTW 40 load Tide is on sale this week at Target $5 I went and snagged three Clean Breeze scents on Sunday!

you people are too smelly! :tongue:

I use "all free and clear" and "downy free and sensitive" with the downy ball (love that thing).

I once borrowed my neighbor's detergent when I ran out and ick, I had to re-wash everything. I can't wear perfume either, so I must smell like my powder-fresh deodorant, one of the only smells I can tolerate.

I was just thinking about the Downy and Bounce or just Downy or just Bounce the other day! What an interesting life I lead:o

I only use Tide, Downy April Fresh and Bounce dryer sheets. I was wondering why I feel the need to use both Downy and Bounce. Don't they do the same thing- or is Downy just for softness and not for static?

Ann:earsgirl:

Nope. Don't believe in it. I think it's a waste of money.

If you buy expensive or designer type clothes, they can ruin them because of the soft or higher end fabrics.

Use it on the "disposable clothes" that need softening.

Also, if you buy 320 thread count sheets or better. Do not use fabric softner on those. It will hurt the fabric.

I use Tide detergent, Downey fabric softener (Mountain Fresh, green cap) and bounce sheets.

I also use Tide detergent, I'm surprised at how many of us use it! I've switched around, and nothing seems to get clothes cleaner than Tide, especially having boys that get their clothes very dirty!

If I use fabric sheets, I use Arm & Hammer Fresh n Soft in the Wildflowers scent. I use them for softening up jeans that have dried outside in the dryer on "fluff" cycle.

We don't use fabric softener or dryer sheets. We use a scentless detergent.

Peggy

We have always used Snuggle, but after reading all these threads I think I will pick up some Downy when I go to the commissary this week.

No fabric softener here. Used to use Tide and Bounce and got alot of compliments on how my clothes smelled. Then I started having alot of unexplained allergic reactions and really bad hives so my allergist made me stop using either of them and swithch to a "baby detergent" like Dreft. It costs a little more but really cut down on the reactions drastically and I've found it is wonderful for getting stains out.

We don't use any fabric softener or dryer sheets. I'm allergic to every one of them I've ever tried, and I don't find they do much. Our clothes are plenty soft.

Tide
Downey liquid
Downey dryer sheets

On ocassion we have used Snuggle dryer sheets, but we much prefer Downey.

Tide Powder --original scent
Downy April fresh

I have had to change between the Tide Scents, because my nose gets used to the smell. I LOVE the smell of Tide and Downey April fresh together. When I was growing up my mom used Cheer and Bounce, and my clothes never smelled really good! Once I got married I tried Downy and LOVE LOVE the way it amells. If only they made a plug in or candle that smelled like it!

BTW did I mention that I love the way Tide and Downy make my clothes smell???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter