Do you tip at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique??

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by DisneyMama409, Mar 25, 2010.

1. DisneyMama409

DisneyMama409 Mouseketeer

Ive heard that you are supposed to tip your child's fairy god mother...However every video ive seen on youtube showed atleast 3 of them working on the child at once...How do you tip all of those people? I think its exspensive as it is I dont really want to tip at all but if i have to than i definetly will just to show good ettiquete but on the website it doesnt say anything about tipping...so should i just act none the wiser like i dont know its a tipping position ?:confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyMama409

Bump???no one on the dis been to bbb???!!

4. KerriL

KerriL DIS Veteran

Yes, I did. $5.00. DD got the least expensive package, I think it's Coach...with no costume..had a tee made at Downtown Disney that had her birthday celebration on it.
    Oh, and she only had 1 Fairy Godmother-in training working on her...not like in the video!

5. DaisyD

DaisyD <font color=teal>Nothing like crunchy milk in the

My daughter has done this 3 times now. We offered tips each time and were told no tipping is allowed. Instead,we are always handed a card to fill out telling them how great our experience was.

6. dwsandy

dwsandy DIS Veteran

We did it once for DD8 birthday two years ago and tipped $20. We weren't told there was no tipping but maybe they've changed that since we did it. It was an exorbitant tip but we got the deluxe package and we figured it was the only time she would ever do it. DD fairy godmother was really good with her so we showed our appreciation.

7. lillygator

lillygator DIS Veteran

NO...
    no and NO.

Our bill was close to $300 with an AP discount, this was a rushed two people working on DD exp. I felt no tip was in order at all.

8. DaisyD

DaisyD <font color=teal>Nothing like crunchy milk in the

That is odd. We have done it every year for the past 3 years. Well, we did it the first month it opened up and on every yearly trip after. Not sure if that is 3 or 4 years. There was a sign there every time at the cashier that no tips are accepted and to please use the survey card instead. I even went as far as asking the cashier and was told absolutely not. Perhaps, the Fairy Godmothers themselves are taking tips when they aren't supposed to and no one sees the sign on the front desk. Either, I would have loved to tip as they have always done such a great job on my DD. :)

9. mom_2a_sept_princess

mom_2a_sept_princess Mouseketeer

We tipped the FGMiT who did Emma's hair, the one who did Emma's nails, and the one who helped her pick out her dress.

I think we tipped $20 for hair, $20 for nails, and $10 for the personal shopper.

10. sherylcin

sherylcin Mouseketeer

My three granddaughters went in 2008 and we absolutely loved the experience. They were enchanted! But we did not tip. First of all, I understood it wasn't allowed and second, they DID indeed have three people working on each one of them at once. So that would have meant 9 tips in all.:scared1:

11. cbg1027

cbg1027 Florida Girl

I read a TR here of a girl who was a FGIT for the college program. She said that whether or not tips are allowed depends on the current manager for the most part. So if you want to tip, ask if it's ok. If you don't want to tip, then don't worry about it. It's up to you.

12. sabrecmc

sabrecmc DIS Veteran

I tipped when we went in 2008 and 2009, but when we did it this past January, I was told no tipping. Maybe it does depend on the manager.

13. MareSINY

MareSINY DIS Veteran

My niece has done this twice and we've tipped both times. My sister did it with her last time, and she tipped both of their FGMiT. And they didn't have multiple FGM's, just one each.

14. ampc3

ampc3 DIS Veteran

went in 2008 didn't tip , and didn't see anyone else around me doing it either (at least it wasn't obvious)... I guess I would ask , if you really wanted to?

15. jzzikamarie

jzzikamarie A dream is a wish your heart makes

I think it depends on who is the FGMIT. Last year, Feb. 2009, we were told it was allowed by the ladies working, so we tipped. This year, Feb. 2010, we were told it's not longer allowed, so we didn't. The answer on this seems to always vary...who knows!?

16. DisneyMama409

Alrite so no tip it is ! Thanx...saved myself 10 bucks . I can use that to buy more snacks:p

17. mamaLori05

mamaLori05 DIS Veteran

We went in 2008 and my dd went to the BBB twice during that trip. I tipped $7 both times, she got the middle package with the nail polish. The first time she had one FGIT, and the second time she had 2 FGIT, but the 2nd one was only there for 2 minutes painting my dd's nails and then she was gone. I gave the tip directly to her FGIT's both times.

18. uptown_girl44

uptown_girl44 Mouseketeer

There have been several policy changes in the past few years at the BBB regarding tips. From when the BBB opened until Fall 2007, the FGITs weren't allowed to accept tips. From Fall 07 to Jan 10 they accepted tips. They currently aren't allowed to accept tips and there hasn't been any talk of them being able to any time in the near future.

19. OilSlinger822

OilSlinger822 Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique FGIT & Hopeful PI in the

I worked at the BBB jan-may in 2009 and we accepted tips. You do not have to tip your fairy godmother, but of course it is always appreciated :) And you usually just tip the girl who did the hair, but you can tip the others as well if you'd like

Sometimes you will have 2 fairy godmothers. One will do the hair (many times she will also do the makeup and nails too) but during the middle of the day it gets very busy and backed up so we pair up. We also only have 2 dressing rooms and many families take foreeeeeeever to dress (i had one family take about an hour so of course that backs us up BIG time) Also due to scheduling, the morning shift and afternoon shift over lap some so there are extra fairy godmothers to help. We weren't trying to ever rush people out of their experience, but we were allowed to work on the girls for roughly 30 mins once that sat in the chair. Granted, it took much longer than that sometimes for all kinds of reasons (kids taking forever too pick out their hairstyle, temper tantrums, crazy mothers and fathers, kids get scared, etc), but when another fairy godmother painted the nails/did makeup, they're just trying to save time for the main fairy godmother so they can spend more time getting the hair just right princess:

If you feel you had a great experience and the fairy godmother took care of you, it's really nice to tip. They may not do it currently because there have been backstage issues revolved around tipping, but it doesnt hurt to ask the fairy godmother if she can accept tips. hope this helps! pixiedust:

20. jzzikamarie

jzzikamarie A dream is a wish your heart makes

I just checked out your blog...you were my DD's FGMIT last February! You did her hair and nails. :thumbsup2

21. thedeans

thedeans Earning My Ears

We were there on March 21st. I was told no tipping at this time.