Do you think there is ANY chance at all that Mission Space...

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by ebaynut31, Apr 1, 2003.

1. ebaynut31

ebaynut31 <font color=blue>aka 6 feet<br><font color=red>Kar

will be open in late August while I am there???

Please oh Please! Lets have some pixie dust.

At least make me feel good about it. I have issues you know. I was told there is a medicine for my Disney sickness but I refused it.

Who else has refused this medicine? :p :rolleyes:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. toefungus

toefungus Mouseketeer

I'd say POSSIBLY, but don't get your hopes up because nobody has any idea yet. There could always be problems like Test Track had during construction which could really push the opening back.

4. kdibattista

kdibattista <font color=darkorchid>It left an indent the size

I'm not counting on it being open for my trip in December:rolleyes:

5. Dodie

Dodie <font color=green>Survived the big crash<br><font

Not after the Test Track fiasco.:rolleyes:

6. stinkerbelle

stinkerbelle In a #10 sort of way?<br><font color=green>Sometim

I'm kinda GLAD it won't be open in September/October when I go down there on my honeymoon. I'm NOT a thrill ride person and this has "vomit city" written all over it for me.

phew...our next trip probably won't be for another year after that! I'll get psyched for it then! heheh

7. girlfriend

girlfriend Mouseketeer

sorry to be clueless, but what is Mission Space (I assume a ride) and where is it going to be located? I'm going in August too and love thrill rides!

8. cvallee

cvallee Mouseketeer

I really hope that it's open for our trip in nov/dec. I'm looking forward to going on it. The last I had heard was that it would be opening in the spring sometime. That would give them 6 months or more to work out the delay bugs and open it in Nov.
    For the previous post, Mission Space is the newest ride in Epcot. I'ts located near Spaceship earth and it is suppose to simulate the forces of takeoff as well as antigravity.

9. Testtrack321

Testtrack321 <font color=blue>Good GOD, man, quit banging your

Now Disney has sent out a notice to the CMs saying casting will start for M:S. This takes anywhere from 1-2 months to do, so I'd say that soft openings might happen this June. I'd say that it's a good possability that M:S will be open in some form (soft open or official).

10. lrodk

lrodk <font color=009900>No one is immune to the TF's in

TestTrack is correct regarding "normal lead-time" for casting of new attractions. Keep in mind however that there is no way to predict unforseen delays(remember TestTrack?). Barring any technical glitches, and despite recent rumors of a possible fall opening, this casting call makes for a very good argument that MS will open in time for the summer season.

11. KNWVIKING

KNWVIKING DIS Veteran

I'm kinda GLAD it won't be open in September/October when I go down there on my honeymoon. "

You'll have park passes ????

12. stinkerbelle

Huh?? :confused:

13. colleen costello

colleen costello <font color=FF99FF>Is in a "just back from OKW and

I will wait eagerly to hear SPECIFICS from all you brave souls, before I try this one. I don't even go on Goofy's Barnstormer... All I can come up with when I try to imagine this ride is a "Teacups from Hell" kinda thing where they toss you upside down! Is there any info about what the ride will be like? I recall "simulated antigravity" or something like that...

14. KNWVIKING

KNWVIKING DIS Veteran

Just joking about your honeymoon, why would you need park passes,planing on leaving the room ? Sorry for the confusion:-)

15. Testtrack321

Imagine a fan. You are on outside of the blades of the fan. The fan spins. It feels like you are taking off. It slows down, it feels like you are floating. Get it?

16. WDWHound

WDWHound DIS Veteran

Imagine throwing up. Now imagine throwing up while going round and round in a circle real fast.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I will ride Mission Space, I even look forward to it. I just hope they have found some way to solve what I see as it's almost inevitable motion sickness effect. I know I will be packing Dramamine that day.

17. KNWVIKING

KNWVIKING DIS Veteran

A spiining ride with puking people.... Guess I reallllllly want to be front row for this one. Maybe this is why they are cutting back on the chicken fingers.... less to clean up.

18. colleen costello

This sounds like the ride at all the amusement parks that spins and then the floor drops... The riders are "stuck" to the wall. I think it's called "The Rotor?" Every time I go to Holiday World, our closest park, this thing is closed on and off because they are cleaning barf! I hope this one has a "chicken exit." Lots of people I know get really ill if they spin at all!

19. Testtrack321

NO!!! This isn't even close! This is a first. No ride system like this has ever been built before. This is new. Imagine military grade.

20. stinkerbelle

HAHAHAHAHAH!! oh jesus...sorry! hehehehe...I getcha! :)

Well, considering my fiance is a Disney junkie...I'm sure he'll drag me out to the parks a few times. ;)

no need to be sorry - I was just being slow!

hehehe...this is what I expect the ride to be like! I've read it's similar to cyber space mountain at DisneyQuest - where you build your own rollercoaster and then ride it in the simulator - my FI did it and almost had to hit the emeregency stop button!

21. colleen costello

I had heard stuff over on the rumors board, that made M:S sound amazing. Yet the descriptions here of "fan," "spinning," and "floating" surely sound motion-sickness-inducing, military grade or not! I know the ride isn't going to be a cheesy amusement-park type, but the spinning idea did made me think of all the yukky rides at amusement parks that make so many people sick. Is there a way to spin people so that they feel like they are flying without geting them nauseated?