Do You think DISNEY has gone down hlll the last few years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, none of us can say why but I would be SHOCKED if any part of the reason was because they want to offer, "healthier," foods in the parks. The only reason ANYONE is offering healthy foods is the trend right now is for healthy food options. However, take a walk around and see what people are actually eating. I'm not seeing a ton of healthy food being eaten without the other stuff. That's just marketing talk.

At the end of the day--like everything else--it's about money. The deal to extend couldn't get done because the money couldn't be worked out. I do not, however, look down on them for this for the McDonalds situation.

That was Iger's response, about healthy foods, not mine. :rotfl2: It makes me sick what I see some people consume at WDW on a daily basis. :sick:

I don't look down on them either - an 11 year partnership in the corporate world, is pretty good, I would think.

Tiger :)

btw, as an fyi, I had sent a copy of my other post detailing the complaints I had about my stay a few weeks ago to Disney via this link. About a weekish later, I received a call from someone at Disney to discuss everything.

They were very understanding (obviously) and said they'd pass my concerns along. I felt like they were waiting for me to ask for something in return, however, I'm not looking for anything, just want them to listen.

What I found most interesting is she said they've heard MANY complaints about not only the quality of food but also the dining plan and the trouble it's caused. So it's obvious those of us complaining about the quality of the food and about the ddp are not imagining this. Enough people have contacted them to complain about it where they're used to hearing it. That tells me there are a LOT more people who AREN'T complaining. Maybe they'll make some changes...

Anyway, I'd say it's certainly worth making a complaint or giving them a compliment.

Yeah I do. I thought so earlier in the thread when it was slung at us disagreers. <--- and yeah ~ I know that isn't a word.

I have been criticized and mocked because I said I didn't see something or didn't know about it because it was something we don't eat/do so it didn't affect us. Hence the make sure you take pictures to PROVE it happens. Which makes me :rotfl: because I never said it didn't happen ~ I personally haven't seen it. I've also never seen a turtle lay and egg... it doesn't mean I don't believe it happens. :confused3

Such a victim :rotfl::rolleyes: I said I was tired of those drinking the kool aid as it related to other threads as well. It was said in reference to those that say 'yeah, cutting in line is terrible but it happens and WDW doesn't stop it so that means we should shut up and put up with it'. Or, 'yes, the price is higher and you get less but that's what WDW does so we should shut up and put up with it' and so on. It wasn't 'slung at' anyone - dramatic, much?:rolleyes1

Plus, I believe you called me snarky for joking with someone else (lots of people got the joke btw ;)) but I think your posts are full of hand wringing 'why me' drama but that doesn't mean I immediatley called you a drama queen or something. I think you need to count to ten before you post and then rethink it again.:confused3 Just trying to be helpful. :)

Such a victim :rotfl::rolleyes: I said I was tired of those drinking the kool aid as it related to other threads as well. It was said in reference to those that say 'yeah, cutting in line is terrible but it happens and WDW doesn't stop it so that means we should shut up and put up with it'. Or, 'yes, the price is higher and you get less but that's what WDW does so we should shut up and put up with it' and so on. It wasn't 'slung at' anyone - dramatic, much?:rolleyes1

Plus, I believe you called me snarky for joking with someone else (lots of people got the joke btw ;)) but I think your posts are full of hand wringing 'why me' drama but that doesn't mean I immediatley called you a drama queen or something. I think you need to count to ten before you post and then rethink it again.:confused3 Just trying to be helpful. :)

Yeah... I'm the drama queen. How many pages back did you dredge that up from.

Ah yes.... 25 pages back. You should probably read the rest of the post in between before you start replying.

Yeah... I'm the drama queen. How many pages back did you dredge that up from.

Ah yes.... 25 pages back. You should probably read the rest of the post in between before you start replying.
I've read all of it by now. Opinion still stands. I have other things to do than be on here all day - like go to WDW :rotfl:. So I'm catching up and checking out who's been up to what since I left. Looks like not much is new.....

I will say I didn't mind the construction and stuff in MK but the park is soooooo much smaller than we remembered! It took us a few hours to really do everything we wanted to and I remembered it being so big!:confused3 Strange. Everything was pretty clean - had a dirty bathroom (dirty meaning that garbage was flowing in the stalls and near the sinks) in Epcot and yes - I took a pic of some of the overflow, lol - but mainly everything seemed clean. A couple of employees were over the top great but most were just normal or friendly - I don't expect them to be magical creatures, of course - a lot of the jobs are for low pay in high heat so as long as they do their job that's all we care about. Some bag checkers were rude and the valet girl at the desk at AKL was just awful. But besides that it was a great trip!

i think i have a couple pictures of the room from july.

IMG_7503.jpg

this one is kind of dark... flash must have been messed up from the sun through the window ~ you can also see DD5 standing on the table.... great. that was a battle we fought all week.

IMG_7504.jpg

vanity:
IMG_7505.jpg

View:

IMG_7506.jpg

You can see the rest here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/suellenh/July2010#

(they are still uploading though... so it may be a few minutes) we didn't take a WHOLE lot of pictures. i don't know why.

Great pictures. Where is the kitchenette? Don't you get a kitchenette with the DVC? Aren't you a DVC owner? LOL! Geez, I can't keep up with these posts. Sorry for MY confusion. :confused3

Now is that VERO beach Disney? Your kids are adorable! Who is the lady with your daughters! They all look like they are having a great time! Very nice.

Brunette

I've read all of it by now. Opinion still stands. I have other things to do than be on here all day - like go to WDW :rotfl:. So I'm catching up and checking out who's been up to what since I left. Looks like not much is new.....

I will say I didn't mind the construction and stuff in MK but the park is soooooo much smaller than we remembered! It took us a few hours to really do everything we wanted to and I remembered it being so big!:confused3 Strange. Everything was pretty clean - had a dirty bathroom (dirty meaning that garbage was flowing in the stalls and near the sinks) in Epcot and yes - I took a pic of some of the overflow, lol - but mainly everything seemed clean. A couple of employees were over the top great but most were just normal or friendly - I don't expect them to be magical creatures, of course - a lot of the jobs are for low pay in high heat so as long as they do their job that's all we care about. Some bag checkers were rude and the valet girl at the desk at AKL was just awful. But besides that it was a great trip!

Welcome back! Glad you had a fab time! Where did you stay? Weren't the parks "slow" with low crowds? The MK park probably seemed smaller because of maybe the construction?? Post those pictures! LOL!

Brunette

LOL! No those are back here in Maine. My DD's birthday party in July ~ Christmas! And the lady is my mom. :) The girls very best friends.

there is a small kitchenette I didn't get a picture of. It is a sink, fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. Nothing fancy really. In a 1 bedroom you get a full kitchen.

I'll get more pictures when we are there in a couple weeks.

LOL! No those are back here in Maine. My DD's birthday party in July ~ Christmas! And the lady is my mom. :) The girls very best friends.

there is a small kitchenette I didn't get a picture of. It is a sink, fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. Nothing fancy really. In a 1 bedroom you get a full kitchen.

I'll get more pictures when we are there in a couple weeks.

The girls grandma!!! Okay, I thought so, I just wanted to ask first! :):) Looks like they :love: her to death! How fun! That beach is in Maine!!! LOL! Boy, that's a huge distance from Vero Beach! LOL! Glad to see pictures! I love pictures!

The last 5 threads I've opened have all sprialed into people fussing at each other. Are we all obsessed with WDW to offset the grumpiness we have all of the rest of the year?

Happy thoughts, baby kittens and double rainbows for us all!

really? and you would know because....?

psss...this is how threads spiral:rotfl2:

she probably knows because there was that picture of you floating around the internet cuddling a kitten while looking at a double rainbow out the window of your house!

:rotfl:

while blowing bubbles, no doubt :lmao:

I'm also pretty sure that you may have actually been in the beach club pool with a mug from 2007 full of soda you filled at the refill station. Yeah.... and you weren't even staying on property.

I'm also pretty sure that you may have actually been in the beach club pool with a mug from 2007 full of soda you filled at the refill station. Yeah.... and you weren't even staying on property.

damn your good! you've got me pegged 100% No sense in hiding from you:lmao:

FWIW ~ doing all these things would gain so much as a glance from me. Okay well maybe cuddling the kitten in the pool might gain a raised eyebrow directed at my DH to make sure he sees you so we can giggle about it later.

FWIW ~ doing all these things would gain so much as a glance from me. Okay well maybe cuddling the kitten in the pool might gain a raised eyebrow directed at my DH to make sure he sees you so we can giggle about it later.

OMG! you just made me laugh. When i was in highschool (80's) i was at a girlfriends house one weekend. she and her mother convinced me that i needed to hop in their pool and give their cat a bath. boy, the joke sure was on me. what i would have given to been the one watching that scene. alot of splashing, swearing, claws and fur...all in about a 2 second span before the cat bolted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter