Do you think Captain EO is coming back?

My guess is the theater will be for previews like in Cali for quite sometime. Maybe permanently. Maybe they will do something worthwhile with that spot when they refurb Epcot after they are done with DHS. So in about ten years. lol.

Has anyone actually seen the "previews". I loved what they did in DHS for Malificent, and Cinderella. These are more then the trailers, preview you see on TV or before a movie in a theater. The Malificent one was a good 10 minutes, a nice full scene or 2 from the film and then the director and cast talkign about the movie. Cinderella was the same, except the scene was a good bit longer. The theater at DHS was just blah, nothing special. Now when i saw the Magic Eye Theater transformed over night into what they did for Tomorrowland I was surprised. The old waiting area for Captain Eo was decorated for Tomorrowland and the little countdown movie was changed into the director and cast talking about the movie. When they opened the doors the actual theater was the same, and once again, its not just a little preview and you leave, its a good 10 minutes at least of the actual movie. And of course the 4 of us were upset when it was over, we wanted more. confused? yeah a little, but the interest in the movie was increased DRAMATICALLY. That is the goal here, to get people into the theater, show something to draw some interest from their guests, and hopefully they will go see it when it is released.

Now am I upset that Eo or Honey are gone, NOPE. did I want them to use the area for something else, Sure. But something else for a Premium Annual Passholder living 40 minutes away from the parks to do is what excites us. And I can't wait for the Inside Out preview to be brought in.

Just an update for everyone. I spoke with a cast member that works at EO and she explained tha, since the Jackson family still owns the rights to EO and the since members of the family are having "issues " and apparently coming into town at some point soon. That they have decided to pull the show ... For now.

She said they are planned to show a couple different previews this summer. But they are saying the Captian should be returning around Aug.

But the return also depends on the Jackson family.

I thought the current movie preview was great. They even had special effects hooked up. It ran about 15 minutes.

Just an update for everyone. I spoke with a cast member that works at EO and she explained tha, since the Jackson family still owns the rights to EO and the since members of the family are having "issues " and apparently coming into town at some point soon. That they have decided to pull the show ... For now.

She said they are planned to show a couple different previews this summer. But they are saying the Captian should be returning around Aug.

But the return also depends on the Jackson family.
While I'm sure part of that might be true I wouldn't believe every CMs say in terms of what will happen they usually know about as much as we do. They have said EO would return in Disneyland and it's been gone for much much longer than WDW.

I think it will come back, because they have no replacement and they can't dump a FP+ ride in Epcot. Epcot need a lot of attention.

I think it will come back, because they have no replacement and they can't dump a FP+ ride in Epcot. Epcot need a lot of attention.
Just because they have no replacement doesn't mean it will come back. It could stay as a movie preview center just like in Disneyland or just remain empty.

Just because they have no replacement doesn't mean it will come back. It could stay as a movie preview center just like in Disneyland or just remain empty.
I would agree with you if it weren't for FP+. Can Disney afford to lose a FP+ attraction in Epcot? I don't think so. What would happen on crowded days? Guests could only reserve 2 FP+ attractions? Even though EO is crap, it's still a FP+ attraction.

I would agree with you if it weren't for FP+. Can Disney afford to lose a FP+ attraction in Epcot? I don't think so. What would happen on crowded days? Guests could only reserve 2 FP+ attractions? Even though EO is crap, it's still a FP+ attraction.
DHS has lost three attractions over the last year. it would be surprising to me.

They could turn it into a historical retrospective on the EPCOT City plan and eventual EPCOT Center theme park, but then people might realize how much better the park used to be.

They could turn it into a historical retrospective on the EPCOT City plan and eventual EPCOT Center theme park, but then people might realize how much better the park used to be.
Boy, isn't that the truth? They could show all of the closed pavillions, all of the countries that were supposed to be featured in WS, and all of the technological advancements that were supposed to be featured. "Epcot....What was and what could've been"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter