Do you Stay at same hotel?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by kimysbug, May 10, 2013.

1. MinnesotaMouseketeers

MinnesotaMouseketeers DIS Veteran

We do the same thing, we've stayed at: POFQ, POLY, CBR, WL, GF, and POR. Next stop this year; AKL :cool1::thumbsup2:banana::yay::cheer2:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. pamkat1820

pamkat1820 Mouseketeer

I would like to try a few more resorts in the deluxe category. I'm good with the value resorts.

On my list of resorts to try out:
    WL
    POLY
    CR

The BWI freaks me out, and GF doesn't appeal to me at all, don't know why.

Mods: are ok I would stay at CSR but not CBR we need queen beds lol

I like the idea of staying at new resorts. My husband wanted to stay at AKL again on our next trip but I talked him into YC

4. Zooshoveller

Zooshoveller WAR EAGLE

We may never visit WDW enough times to stay at every resort, but I do like the idea of trying a different resort every time we are able to go.

When I was much younger, I went with a friend and we stayed at GF. All I remember is it was very nice. This past November was DH and the kids first trip. We stayed at CBR in a pirate room and loved it, but it was only a 3 day trip and we spent no time at the resort. We did check out the gift shop after checking out. In 12 days we are heading back and staying at ASSports for a week.

I would love to stay at AKL, Poly, CR, and any of the values for the loud Disney themes.

We said no big vacations for 2014, but may go in 2015 and do a split stay.

5. carly chloe

carly chloe DIS Veteran

Us too!! We've been ASMo, ASMu, POP, CBR, AKL, and CR and we always feel home at CBR!!! Love it!! :lovestruc

6. benji2012

benji2012 Mouseketeer

I would love to; but we own DVC so now I am just trying to get through those! I am taking going o take a solo portion of our trip in 2014 and am considering paying OOP and doing a split stay between CSR/Poly. I've stayed at BLT, BWV, SSR,WLV, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani.

7. bennifer

bennifer Mouseketeer

I would LOVE to try all the resorts! I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone, I tend to be a creature of habit. We've stayed at ASMo 3x, CSR 4x, CBR 1x, SSR 1x and offsite 1x (never again!). I agree with you OP the kitchen is a waste for us at a villa, but we loved the washer/dryer that year because we extended our trip to go to Miami for a few days to visit family. We're staying at AoA this year and I'm torn for next year, but it will probably be CR...or Poly...or POR...:rotfl2:

8. kimysbug

kimysbug DIS Veteran

I had no idea
    Hmm that changes things

9. WDW in Pearls

WDW in Pearls Monograms and Minnie Ears

Or just not use them. Why do people feel they HAVE to use it just because its there?

10. pigletto

pigletto DIS Veteran

LOL..That's true. It's not mandatory. There will be no Disney security coming by to make sure you have a load of delicates going and demanding you bake cookies.:rotfl2:

11. johnsonet

johnsonet DIS Veteran

Took us 11 years but we've now stayed at all of Disney's Deluxe resorts. First 5 years were GF only and then I fell in love with AKL :lovestruc

I've loved every Deluxe we've stayed in, Poly and BC in particular.

If you're worried about trying something new, do a split stay with a favorite resort. It's so fun to try them all :beach:

12. DisneyFanatic94

DisneyFanatic94 Earning My Ears

I usually go to the value because they are inexpensive and are easy! We have gone many times because we save so much, yet we have been to some awesome ones before like Boardwalk and Saratoga! Saratoga was amazing because of the quick walk to Downtown Disney! To answer your question, we usually do stay at the same kind of hotels meaning Value because they are easy and cheap!

13. WDW in Pearls

WDW in Pearls Monograms and Minnie Ears

LOL. I hate coffee so I don't use the coffee maker in the room. Please don't tell the front desk on me!!

14. godoftheWorld

godoftheWorld Mouseketeer

We have stayed at every hotel on property except CB. It does not interest us at all. We just got back from the WL this weekend. It's our favorite hands down.
    We don't really visit the parks too much anymore. The pools are wonderful. Also, the Artist Point is to die for. Excellent meal as usual.

15. PIRATEGIRL007

PIRATEGIRL007 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=purple>OMG! I am ab

We are working our way thru all the resorts. We have repeated a few for budget reasons at the time of the trip we have stayed in all the values except AoA at least 2x's and all the mods too with about 5+ stays at POR. We won't declare an overall favorite till we are completely done but we are adding in DVC's too.

We have left to complete:

Art of Animation
    Beach Club
    Yacht Club
    Polynesian
    Contemporary/BLT
    Wilderness Lodge

and if you cound them as Disney the Swan/Dolphin.

We have even tried 'off site' at Whyndham Bonnet Creek to have something to compare to.

16. Haley

Haley DIS Veteran

I've stayed at many of them but I have a few that are my favorites that we seem to rotate between - BC, AKL & Poly.

I also like the suites at AoA now that we have a 2 year old.

I don't like any of the moderates or other value resorts except Pop is ok. I'd be willing to try any of the deluxes I haven't stayed at, but I know what we like and tend to stay at the same places over and over.

17. tarcc

tarcc Mouseketeer

Our goal is to stay at all the Disney hotels too :thumbsup2however, we are a looong way behind you, but then 9 hour expensive flights from the UK don't help our cause!

so far we have stayed at;
    Wilderness lodge
    Yacht club
    Port Orleans Riverside
    Old Key West
    AKL (2015 our next vacation)

Our dream place to stay is the Polynesian :love:, but at the moment that is way out of our price range.

18. linetbo

linetbo DIS Veteran

All Star twice in each
    pop three time
    CBR
    CS
    Wilderness
    Animal Kingdom
    Shades of Green
    looking for the Royal Suites at POR
    willnlove to stay at GF, Cont, Poly, but I cant afford it :confused3:sad2:

19. goofyskip

goofyskip Earning My Ears

I have stayed .

CBR
    All Stars all three
    POP
    PORS
    Boardwalk
    And hopefully the best one yet Poly. In just three weeks.
    Also off site two or three times in the hotel plaza hotels.
    Wilderness Campground.

20. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

Just in case you didn't know, poly is remodeling the rooms. Go to tikimanpages.com for more information. I got to stay in one of the new rooms in Hawii Bldg in April and the rooms are beautiful.
    You will have a great time! Enjoy:cool1: