Do you Stay at same hotel?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by kimysbug, May 10, 2013.

1. kimysbug

kimysbug DIS Veteran

Our goal is to stay at all the different WDW hotels, we have stayed at some more then once.
    I don't want to stay at anything with a kitchen on wash machine ;) I'm on vacation. So no villas or vacation club- at least till we stay at all others first, then we will discuss again.

I'm curios what everyone else does.

We have stayed

Deluxe
    Grand Floridian x2
    Polynesian x2
    Wilderness lodge x2
    Board walk inn
    Animal kingdom lodge summer 2013

Moderate
    Caribbean beach
    Port Orleans
    Coronado springs

Value
    Pop
    All star

Looking forward to
    Contemporary
    Yacht and beach

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. WDW in Pearls

WDW in Pearls Monograms and Minnie Ears

The first time I went I stayed at the Disney Inn, however I was 2 and didn't really have a say lol. My mom LOVED the Poly, so most of my trips were there except once when we could only get the Grand Floridian. My sister was in the college program, so we planned out trip later than normal so it would coincide with her finishing the program. I stayed at Pop Century once because I was the date of someone in a wedding party and bride and groom preferred if we all stayed in the same place for transportation purposes. After that, I stayed at the Dolphin. We literally booked our trip 5 mins before our flight. We were stuck in Charlotte trying to get a flight to Austin for SXSW but eventually said the heck with this lets just go to Disney. The Dolphin was all we could get. Last time, I stayed at WL because DBF really had no interest in the theme at the Poly.

Although I'm a creature of habit, I'm glad I was forced out of my bubble a few times because I ended up enjoying each place I stayed. There are definitely some hotels I'd like to try (Beach Club, Contemporary, Boardwalk) but I don't think I'd want to do every single one. There are some I have zero interest in and I wouldn't want to waste the time and money when I could be somewhere I liked.

4. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Our goal is to stay at all of the resorts as well.

So far, we have done All Star Movies, All Star Music, All Star Sports, POP Century, Caribbean Beach Resort, Wilderness Lodge, and Yacht Club.

Right now, I am booked at All Star Movies for Sept but I am pretty sure I will be switching to Contemporary and next April, we plan on trying the Poly!! :goodvibes

5. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

I want to try all and have changed goal to include all club level too.

Pop 6 times
    All stars 4 times
    Dixie Landings
    POR
    POFQ 2times
    CBR 4 times
    CSR 6 times
    FW cabin
    OKW
    AKL
    YC
    WL
    CR
    CR CL
    POLY 3 times
    POLY CL
    GF
    GF CL SUGAR LOAF
    BLT 2 with 1bdrm, 1 with 2bdrm

I have left SSR, BC, BI. I don't think the villas for WL, AK,BC or BI will be on my list because the hotel experience would be the same. BLT However is a totally different experience compared to CR. I would like to try the club levels someday and have a room booked at CR in garden Wing which will be a new experience compared to MKV from last time.
    I really do enjoy them all and would go back again to each:cool1:

6. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I would like to stay at as many resorts as possible. However there are a few that don't appeal to me, so I'm skipping those.

So far I have stayed at:

All Star Music
    All Star Sports
    I would like to hit all of the values at some point. Maybe not AOA, that looks a little loud for me.

POR
    POFQ
    CSR
    CBR

The Contemporary
    The Poly
    The Beach Club Villas

The only Deluxe that doesn't appeal to me is the Grand Floridian. As far as the DVC untits go, SSR and OKW appear to be skippable too. So I still have a long way to go before I stay at every resort that appeals to me.

7. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

We like to try different resorts, but we have also stayed at some more than once. We've stayed at the following:

Grand Floridian x 3
    Polynesian
    Wilderness Lodge x 2
    Animal Kingdom Lodge x 2
    Beach Club
    Caribbean Beach

Trying CR and Poly CL in December.

8. middlesista

middlesista Mouseketeer

Tend to find a place that we like and return. Would LOVE to return to Poly but can not make sense of the cost since we tend not to spend much time at the resort. Did not like CBR but found that POFQ suites our family so will return.

9. jazzyscoob

jazzyscoob Mouseketeer

Have done.

Poly
    Contemporary
    CB
    FW Cabins
    All Star Sports
    AOA

Will be doing All Star Music in Aug.

I really want to try POFQ. Will probably wait until the kids are a little older as they love the loud colors at the Value Resorts. So will do ASM and POP before moving back up to Moderate.

10. Princess Disney Mom

Princess Disney Mom DIS Veteran

I do both. Sometimes I go back to what I liked before and other times I try a new resort. This year is is one return to the double tree in Anaheim a first time at the Hampton in VA beach and a first at the grand floridian.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

11. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

We have tried:

All Star Sports
    All Star Movies
    Beach Club
    Port Orleans Riverside
    Port Orleans French Quarter
    CBR

Ever since we tried CBR, we can't seem to go anywhere else. We just fell in love with the place. Our last 4 trips we've stayed at CBR and I feel our next one will be there too. Every time we flirt with another resort, but just can't pull the trigger.:rotfl:

12. cluvsdisney

cluvsdisney DIS Veteran

We have stayed at the following:

Boardwalk
    Beach Club
    Yacht Club
    Wilderness Lodge
    Bay Lake Towers
    Old Key West
    Port Orleans Riverside
    Port Orleans French Quarter
    Caribbean Beach
    Coronado Springs

I'd like to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian at some point.

13. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

Well I have my third trip to POFQ planned. I've stayed at three other resorts, but I like POFQ and it fits my budget so it's been my first choice.

If I had a reason to try another place I would. Discounts, larger or smaller budget, people going and room preferences. I'm more likely to fit my resort to a given trip based on those then to try something new for the sake of trying something new.

I have no desire to stay at some resorts and wouldn't even to do a "I've stayed at all the resorts" thing.

The thought of staying somewhere that didn't excite me and having to pay WDW prices to do it would ruin the trip for me.

14. Pakey

Pakey DIS Veteran

I own DVC (which you shouldn't ignore since they have fantastic whirlpool tubs in the master bath and the kitchen space is great and I've never cooked). But I do try to stay in the hotels too.

DVC Stays

BCV-2 bedroom, 1 bedroom, studio
    BWV-studio
    WLV-studio
    SSR-2 bedroom, studio
    OKW-2 bedroom
    AKV-grand villa, 2 bedroom

Deluxe

GF RPC and Sugarloaf
    CR
    BC CL and regular
    YC CL and regular
    BWI CL and regular
    AKL CL
    WL

Moderate

POFQ
    POR
    CBR

Value

Pop

Disneyland

Grand Californian
    Disneyland Hotel

Disneyland Paris

Disneyland Hotel

15. pigletto

pigletto DIS Veteran

The goal here is to try them all too. I don't have much of an interest in CBR or Contemporary though so they will be last most likely.

So far I have stayed at

All of the values except AoA
    POR(2x)
    CSR(2x)
    Fort Wilderness Cabins
    The Poly
    AKL
    OKW
    BWV

We have upcoming stays booked for AoA (one night), POFQ, and WL.

16. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

My last 4 solo trips I've stayed at POR. I love that resort but this last time, the bus stops started to drive me nuts.

So I booked bounceback at POFQ to enjoy the smaller resort.

I thought about trying CBR again but decided the bus stops would probably bug me then too.

I'd like to stay at each resort at least once but the deluxe ones have mostly gotten out of my comfort level for price so I don't know if that will ever happen.

The list of resorts I've stayed at so far is in my signature.

17. abner1776

abner1776 DIS Veteran

Just because you don't want kitchens and washing machines should not mean you exclude DVC resorts because the studios have neither... you need to move up to a one or two bedroom villa to get the kitchens and washing machines.

18. elaw

elaw DIS Veteran

We do split stays ... that allows us to try new resorts as well as our favorites all in the same trip.
    - The POLY is the only deluxe we haven't tried. (We have visited though)
    - We've tried all of the Moderates
    - We're not really interested in staying at the Value's ... we visited the AoA our last trip and, even though we were very impressed, we prefer the theming of the Mods and Deluxes

Deluxe
    (1) Wilderness Lodge x9 (CL and Non-CL)
    (2) Grand Floridian x3 (CL-RPC and Non-CL)
    (3) Yacht Club x1 (CL)
    (4) Beach Club x4 (CL and Non-CL)
    (5) Animal Kingdom Lodge x3 (CL and Non-CL)
    (6) Boardwalk Inn x2 (CL and Non-CL)
    (7) Contemporary x1 (CL)

Moderate
    (1) Port Orleans Riverside x6
    (2) Port Orleans - FQ x1
    (3) Coronado Springs Resort x1
    (4) Caribbean Beach Resort x1

19. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

We use to want to stay at every resort on property until we bought DVC.

Before DVC we stayed at:

Pop
    CBR
    POR
    CSR
    BC

We no longer have this goal anymore.

We do plan to try out all the DVC resorts to find our which ones are our favorite.

So far, we have stayed at:

AKV - Kidani - in a studio and one bedroom and loved both.
    BLT - studio
    BWV - studio

So far our favorites are:

AKV and BLT. We really love the one bedroom with two bathrooms and the washer and dryer is great. I get to wash our towels every day and I get to wash my favorite pair of shorts and shirt and wear it more than one time on vacation. We have never cooked in the kitchen but we do love the full size fridge for drinks and the freezer for ice.

We are staying at BCV in a one bedroom and BLT in a one bedroom in June 2013.

We are staying AKV CL Studio March/April 2014, we will get to stay Jambo that trip. We are looking forward to it.

:goodvibes

20. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

LOVE your list :)

21. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

I'd like to try most of the resorts I have Poly and GF as my faves so far we stay BWI in Sept

Been to
    Asmo (2x) for the kids when they were little
    Asmu(2x) my go to value
    POR (2x) fave mod so far
    CR love room and view rest felt like airport
    CBR hated it!
    SSR didn't like it
    BC CL didn't like it their CL wasn't worth the $
    GF CL Loved it
    poly CL (2x) my fave can't beat view
    Pop I'd stay again if we went value

Like to try POFQ ,YC and AOA and I think I'm done! Lol. It's hard to steer away from my faves tho..

Not interested in CSR or Assp

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013