Do You Rmember?

CALIFLADY

<font color=purple>The Tag Fairy is jealous of you
I remember the first time (the only other time!) when I dropped 50 pounds off. After I lost most of it, I had to take a company bus ride across town. The bus was packed with fellow employees by the time I got on, so I had to sit way in the back.

I remember finally feeling confident as I walked down that bus aisle, past all my co-workers, knowing that they weren't looking or seeing my fat. I had so much self confidence. It was so worth every "treat" I had passed on.

I want that feeling back. Not feeling self conscious when I walk into meetings. Not feeling self conscious when I stand in the grocery line as the checker "judges" what I'm buying to eat.

How 'bout you? What do you want back?

I have been large all my life. There are a lot of things I want for the first time..... things I never had at all

not being self conscious all the time,
daring to wear revealing clothes,
Not feeling that every giggle is directed at me

being one of the crowd, and not just the fat friend.......

I want my husband to be proud of me at company gatherings. I know he's proud of me, but I mean <b>really</b> proud of me. I want to feel confident in myself.

I want to be able to buy cute clothing and not old lady fat clothes.

I remember being able to go into a clothes store and just pick out anything that looked nice! Now, I'm always so worried about how it will look on me, I end up trying on hordes of clothes til I find something that doesn't make me look like a hot air balloon. ;)

I can't wait to just be able to grab anything that I think is cute off the rack and buy it!

I want to feel confident in clothes. I want want to feel good in clothes, and not feel like I need to wear OMAR the tent maker clothes. I want to feel that if I am looked at by someone, it is not in disgust. I want to wear short, a bathing suit, or a sexy outfit and not feel like everyone is making comments or laughing at me. I do nt want people I am with to be embarrassed by havingme around.

I am not sure when all those feeling will go away, or if they ever will. :( I kept thinking that when I turneda certain weight the cnfidence would come, but it hasn't. I still feel as fat and big as I did when I weighed 200 lbs. I still feel BIG....

Am I the only one who feels that way?
At what weight should we feel thin?

Glo, when I weighed 108 pounds (many years ago) I was walking through a department store with my husband. I saw a bikini that was so cute. I looked at it and said wistfully, "I wish I was small enough to wear something like that." My husband grabbed me by the arm and said, "you ARE small enough to wear something like that!"

I don't know if that "big" feeling ever goes away, glo. Next to me you are diminutive but I know what you mean.

We will have to work on getting rid of the "big" mind set together.

{{{HUGS}}}

I want to be able to fit in my size 10 jeans.
They are so tight...

I hate that feeling.

This weight really creeped on me after our third child.
Plus, I found out I was hypothyroid.

So, I would love to fit in my jeans. I would also like to look good for myself and my DH.

Lisajl

Kids can really do you in :( but we wouldn't trade them :) I have a pouch I do not think I will ever get rid of after carrying my twins, and stretch marks that will never ever go away.

I really have to wonder if feeling this way is something we will ever get over.

Y'all have express everything I feel. I just don't think I'll every get rid of the feeling.

I'm with you on that "feeling" of always thinking I'm overweight, even after I've lost a few pounds....

But, in trying to turn lemons into lemonade, it's not always a BAD thing -- since I tend to gain my weight back in the blink of an eye, I'm afraid that if I really thought of myself as thin, I'd gain it back even more quickly. Know what I mean?

I have certain days, certain outfits, etc. when I feel more confident, and then I have days when I feel like I want to hide.

I think the confidence HAS to come from more than our weight or other aspects of our appearance. It's something that has to come from within -- but that's a whole different can of worms.

:)

Boy do I remember! We got out some photos from our first summer here and I was SKINNY!!! At the time I thought I was still "fat" and needed to tone up. Looking at those pictures makes me realize just how fluffy I am now. You could have bounced a quarter off my tummy (because it was tight, not because it's rubbery like it is now!) ;)

I remember the confidence that went along with that body. I finally felt like a beautiful woman. I loved wearing tank tops, knowing that my arms weren't flapping in the breeze. I loved going to the beach and not hiding in my shorts on my towel. I loved sitting down and noticing that there was no pouch on my belly anymore.

I miss those feelings. I hate the little shelf around my waist that seems to protrude on each side when I put on my capri pants or shorts. I hate the extra flab on my arms and my upper thighs.

Looking at those pictures from just a few years ago got me psyched. I may not be able to run again like I used to (stupid knees!) ;) but I can walk really fast. I have the hand weights, I just NEED TO USE THEM!!!

Thanks for the walk down memory lane, CALIFLADY! ;) I am fooling myself thinking that I have been exercising lately. I have barely gotten in walking 3 times a week this week. I have two pilates tapes that are collecting dust on the TV along with my weights collecting dust on the floor. So next week I challenge myself to not only stay on my plan but to do pilates at least once and to work out each body part with my weights at least once. There, it's in writing. I have to do it now!!! D'oh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!