Do you receive a Christmas (or Holiday, or End of Year) Bonus from your Employer?

I'm a casual teacher and I don't get a bonus, not even a gift from students, plus I'm not allowed to attend the school's staff Christmas parties as I'm not permanent.

DH works for a utility company and last year they all got a mug or water bottle or something like that. Their Christmas parties are usually held mid-week when all of the field staff are out of town on jobs so it's usually only the office workers who get to go. No spouses or family members are invited; it's staff only.

When I was younger and worked for a major hardware chain in their head office we had a big Christmas party (we had to pay our own ticket plus for a partner if we chose to bring one), plus we got a great gift. Only senior management ever got cash bonuses if the company made certain sales targets or whatever. The company also used to put on barbecues on some Fridays after work for us or order in pizzas and beer. After stocktake, where we all had to work into the night, all meals and drinks were provided, as were cabs if we worked really late and was too tired to drive. I miss that company.

They were very common in TV until about 25 years ago. Disappeared then, usually a week's pay.

I work for a church. The pastor takes us out to a community concert (pays our "suggested donation") and then out to lunch. That's as bonus as we get.

I'm a teacher. No bonus here. I guess the only "bonus" I get is using my measly salary to buy gifts for students whom I know won't be getting things over the holidays. :goodvibes

Yes, our boss is very generous at the holidays. He looks forward to handing out bonus checks all year long.

And WOW! Some of you get really amazing bonuses! :thumbsup2

Unemployed. Working a seasonal retail job - NO.

I work in a group home for developmentally disabled adults. We do not get a Christmas bonus, nor do we get a gift from our employer. If we happen to be working Christmas Day or Thanksgiving Day at dinner time, we are invited to eat dinner with the residents (of course we have COOKED that dinner for the residents if we are working ;)) but that's it.

Self employed. No bonus.

I DO however give both of my employees a small cash gift for Christmas.

No bonus for me, but I'm a teacher.

DH does not get a Christmas bonus either. However, his company does have a company holiday party the first week in January, which they pay for. I think the idea behind this is very nice. However, the company has multiple offices, all of them much smaller than the company headquarters. The party is held on a Friday afternoon, from 4 - 6 pm, in the town where the corporate headquarters is. In our situation, (and we're not alone by any means), DH's work hours are until 4, in a town about 3 hours from headquarters. If he wanted me to come with him, he'd have to drive another hour (in the opposite direction) to pick me up. He would also have to use vacation time in order to be there in time for the party, and I'd have to use sick time. So while it's a nice idea, it's not really something that will work for us (and many other employees, too).

yes a nice bonus here - I'm and office administrator for an oil/gas company and my hubby also gets one in bridge construction

Both our employees always have fantastic xmas parties where all costs are covered - even hotels and breakfast in the am as nobody is allowed to drive after a company function if you are local you cab it there and back and the out of towners are put in a nice hotel. We also have treats in the office all month long that our manager buys and replenishes along with gift baskets from clients so no lunch taking for us in December

And yes we both love our jobs and are happy to go to work every day.........

The first year I worked for my old company, I got a gift card that was enough to buy all new appliances in my kitchen. That was 13 years ago. The last 6 years I worked there we didn't even get a christmas card anymore.

DHs company use to have a really nice party where they gave out really cool gifts like playstations and TVs. They haven't had a party for the last 3 or 4 years so no more cool gifts.

I work in the credit reporting industry and no bonuses here. We do get to pay to attend our Christmas party though.

yes DH and I own a contracting co we both get $500 bonus in Dec and dinner at nice restaurant and one of our larger clients pay for and overnight stay and dinner with sales reps and give $100 gift card.

Some of you get awesome bonuses. My bonus for the last five years had been a $50 gift card. My previous employer gave bigger bonuses based on performance.

Every employee in our hospital gets the same bonus; a $25 Publix gift card that the hospital doesn't even pay for. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter