Do you really need an ADR for Kona breakfast?

branv

<font color=blue>The safety feature in my parents
First things first, do you recommend an ADR for Kona breakfast, or is it usually pretty easy to get in?

That being said, does it depend on the day of the week? We'd be eating there Sunday before we leave on our cruise, some time btwn 10:00 and 11:00 am.

And here's one more: it'll be Mother's Day.

We just aren't sure what time we're going to get up or if we'll feel like rushing around to make a specific ADR. Kind of want to go whenever we feel like it, but am willing to make an ADR if it's that impossible. Thoughts?

I'd like to see some responses as well. I'm going to WDW in September, and wonder the same . . .

We've never had any problem getting in for a late breakfast, BUT - since you are leaving that day, and it is a "holiday", I'd make an AR just in case. Are you staying at the Poly? If so, I would make it for the latest you think you'd want to go, then if you decide you'd like to eat earlier, just walk up and see if you can get in. At least if it's booked, you know you have an AR for later.

Holidays traffic can tie up almost any restaurant. Everyone wants to take mom out for breakfast. I'd definitely make one if I were you!

I'm in the group of people who think it's best to have an ADR - better safe than sorry. :thumbsup2

I don't think Kona would be so busy that you'd get turned away, but do you really want a long wait for breakfast on the morning you're leaving for a cruise?

And if you're going to be there on Mother's Day you know it's likely that the restaurant will be crowded - why risk not getting a table or having a long wait when it's so easy to call and make a reservation to avoid these very things?

We love Kona for breakfast - good stuff! Hope you enjoy it if you decide to go. And have a great cruise. :goodvibes

I think you should make them. We went in Dec, Feb and April and we had ADR's each time...the place was just about empty but the hostess was turning people without reservations away...I dont know why, maybe the were short on servers or kitchen help?

Although I've never seen Kona "screaming" crowded at breakfast, it is better, IMHO, to have a ressie. You can always cancel the ressie, but if they're booked and you have to be somewhere at a certain time, then making the ressie is in your favor. Also, if you make a ressie for 10:30 but show up early or a little late, most of the time you will still be accommodated.

Make the ressie and save yourself from the worry.

Thanks everyone! My biggest worry is trying to get DH to wake up if he's just not ready :rotfl: How are they if you call them up to say, "we have an ADR, but fyi: we're running 10-15 minutes late?"

We'll be driving over to Kona from the WL.

Like I said, if you make an ADR for 10:50 and show up at 10:30, you will be seated. Make the ressie for the latest possible time and if your DH is awake, go early, It won't be a problem.

I'm in the "never made ADR's for Kona" camp. But then, Mother's day would be a day when I would.
That aside, we eat bkfst at Kona each and every trip. We're usually there around 8:45-9:00 and almost always walk right in. Once in awhile there'll be a 5 minute wait, but usually not.

I make ressies for Kona at Breakfast, and I would with out a doubt make them for Mother's Day well in advance. Come on, this is a HOLIDAY where more often breakfast is spent out.

We were there in May on Mother's Day and didn't make an ADR. We got in without a problem; we've never made one at kona - and we normally drive over from OKW just to eat there (and go to MK). However we tend to go just before they cut off breakfast. Having said all that, I recommend you make an ADR - just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter