Do you pay for Internet while at WDW?

I know that I have used the internet a few times from Pop Century, but I can't remember if it was high speed or not? I think it was. Am I correct??

Nope. Actually I don't even own a laptop! Don't need one for work and I just use the desktop at home. I have thought about renting a laptop for our next vacation so that I have internet access from the room. Anyone ever do this? :confused:

I've been told my Blackberry can connect my computer to the internet, I really need to look into that.

Anyway, in the past we have, but not for the entire trip.

DH doesn't like the fact that we have to pay but we do it. He needs to keep in contact with work emails and I like to check the DIS! When we go in December this year it will be during finals week so we will both have to connect in order to take our finals online. So though it would be nice if it was free we will pay for it because it really is a necessity.

We are renting DVC points and staying at BCV. My college aged daughter will need internet access because she is taking 15 credits this summer and will need to take tests while we are on vacation. Because we are renting DVC points from the owner, will we be eligible for free internet? And is it only wired, not wireless? Thanks

We've used our Verizon Air card and it has worked like a charm from inside the room.

We are renting DVC points and staying at BCV. My college aged daughter will need internet access because she is taking 15 credits this summer and will need to take tests while we are on vacation. Because we are renting DVC points from the owner, will we be eligible for free internet? And is it only wired, not wireless? Thanks

Probably not. This is a member/owner perk, not a staying in DVC perk. Only wired internet in the rooms.

We have only stayed at POFQ, and I always use dial up to AOL. Local calls are free, and I don't really need access that much other than email maybe once a day. The connection is pretty fast for dial up, so it works for me. My access number is configured in my AOL now, so I don't have to search for it when I get there.

My DH does each and every day. He takes his work laptop and keeps up with his emails. I on the other hand leave my work laptop at home because I am on VACATION. So what if I have 1,000+ emails when I get home. I just spend my first two days back reading emails. DH said he couldn't stand to return to scads of emails.

If your internet provider has dial-up service, you can use that for the price of the local phone call. Just make sure the number you use is truly a local call. Some of the numbers would make you believe that they are local, but are really considered long distance.

That's exactly what I do. I have dial up availability, and since the local calls from the room are free, I just use dial up. It works fine for checking email and things like that. It's not like I want to spend hours downloading videos or something like that on vacation! I only take the laptop on the longer trips though (a week or longer). Otherwise, I go without the Internet until I go back home.

The phones used to all have data ports on the side, but lately I've been coming across phones that don't have this port. So I just unplug the phone line from the phone and connect it to the computer.

We are DVC members so we will no longer be paying for internet. I have classes I need the internet for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter