Do you pack your own food for your child?

if he likes that, you could try getting those baby sucking bags http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Pack-Fresh-Feeder-Colors/dp/B000GK5XY2

mine weren't fond of it (because I think part of the problem was the strong flavors of real food) but it's a bit less messy. But it's worth a try. And my teenager still much prefers her apples peeled and sliced vs whole.

And I can also relate, I have terrible issues with the texture of fruit so I am happy to suck on fruit just not chew it.

if he likes that, you could try getting those baby sucking bags http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Pack-Fresh-Feeder-Colors/dp/B000GK5XY2

mind weren't fond of it (because I think part of the problem was the strong flavors of real food) but it's a bit less messy. But it's worth a try. And my teenager still much prefers her apples peeled and sliced vs whole.

And I can also relate, I have terrible issues with the texture of fruit so I am happy to suck on fruit just not chew it.

Thank you for that suggestion! We tried it when he was a baby and he didn't take to those. I might give them another go!

We definitely pack food and also go to the grocery store when we arrive for our youngest as he has SPD and simply won't touch most foods. He'll eat fries and occasionally shredded cheese at CS and TS places, but that's it. So we have to bring things. I feel for others w/ children w/ this issue.

We just got back from Disneyland. My son has multiple food allergies and SPD. One of the things I am most happy about was that I placed a grocery order online before we traveled and then packed in all our own food.

I had just the tiny little fridge in the hotel room and made it work quite well. The hotel had a microwave downstairs, but we didn't need it. But the crock pot is a fantastic idea! You could do a rice cooker, egg cooker, small microwave, whatever would make your life easier. :goodvibes I took half a dozen hard-boiled eggs, but I was wishing for a way to make more there. If you rely on a small appliance at home, I wouldn't bat an eye at taking it with you. (I drove, so that might make a difference in perspective if you're flying.)

I found the table service chefs to be fantastically accommodating. As you know, it doesn't help much if they don't have foods the child is willing to eat, though. It took so much stress off my shoulders to know I could reach into the bag and have foods I was certain would be safe, healthy, nutritious, and liked.

I have a large zippered soft-sided bag that looks like a shoulder tote bag but is insulated. I kept ice packs in the tiny freezer tray of the fridge and used the bag with that during the day. I had no problem with being able to pack in enough. Some days, I think half our stroller compartment was food! It was such a breeze!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter