Do you know where the kids are? Our first cruise with teenagers. Magic Feb, 2014

Well since I can't sleep I figured it is a good morning to finally post another update!

Pirate night:

Once we were back at the ship, we went to our room, showered and changed. The kids both disappeared to Vibe to see who was back and to make plans for when to meet up later.

DH and I wandered around a bit and took a few photos

The kids had told us that there were these framed pictures on a wall telling all these fun facts about the ship. Apparently they had to find the during a scavenger hunt that they did as a group and were running all over the ship to find this stuff. :). So John and I decided to see if we could find these. Took a bit but we finally found the wall - same hallway as the movie theatre.
Here is my favourite one...

We headed over to Carioca's which was our restaurant for Pirate night. We met up with the kids. Bethany had gone back to the room and got into her pirate costume. She is a big pirate fan so this was a night she was really looking forward to.

We even managed to get dad into the spirit.

Food was delicious - of course :) And it all had fun pirate names. My food was prepared specifically for me and was so very good.

My starter was cold avocado soup - it was so good the kids were eating it too!

Son John wanted to continue trying new and exotic foods so he ended up having this seafood pasta dish. (I don't remember the name)

My main dish. Again no idea on a name but it was good! Had some kick to it and was very flavourful.

According the Bethany, this was her favourite meal. Some kind of ribs and potatoes. She didn't eat much but said it was awesome!

Can't forget desert!
Bethany's

And mine - so good - they even made this awesome chocolate brownie cake!

Once we were done dinner we headed back to our room for a moment...

So many stairs.... lol

We found this fun guy hanging out....

The kids headed out to meet up with their friends and John and I headed up to observe.

Looks great! Mind if I ask, what did the kids think of Vibe? One of my hesitations re: booking the Magic is that it seems the teen areas were the only ones left untouched by the rehab.

Looks great! Mind if I ask, what did the kids think of Vibe? One of my hesitations re: booking the Magic is that it seems the teen areas were the only ones left untouched by the rehab.

My kids really loved vibe. They spent almost all their time there. My understanding is that it is smaller than on other ships but neither of my kids cared. The counsellors were great and kept them busy with activities that they really enjoyed. When we first got on the ship and found out there was no pool just for them they were a little disappointed but when I asked them later about it both said they never noticed that there was no swimming, they were busy with other stuff. My son found friends that played video games like him and so they had tournaments going on. My daughter enjoyed hanging out, talking and making the movie. They did the "wild side" at Castaway Cay and had a blast hanging with their group of friends doing the beach day their way. :)

All in all they had a great time. But I know that the group of kids that were there that week made it a lot of fun. According to the counsellors they have had weeks were the kids are not to social with each other and so it can get kind of quiet around vibe but the week we were there they all became great friends and had a blast together.

For both my kids what they liked best was that it was a space just for them. How big it was didn't seem as important as just having a place that had no little kids and no pre teens - which according to my dd can be annoying :confused3 :) Disney, like everything else, themes this space well and everything around Vibe is really geared towards the teens. Smoothie hour, movie nights, scavenger hunts, making a movie, video game marathons etc - all things that my kids still talk about now almost 6 month later. :)

John's pasta/seafood dish is my favorite meal of all, but sadly i couldn't have it last cruise as we only did a 3 night and no pirate menu then. I am now craving it after seeing that picture!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter