Do you have to use cash??

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by KPtoys, May 2, 2007.

1. KPtoys

KPtoys Life is a perpetual vacation

Hypothetical - Your staying at the Polynesian, can you use your room key, assuming you have a CC attached to it, at the lounge??

2. eva

eva Often uses her unique ability to close threads.

Yep. There's hardly a place that won't take it. About the only places are a few stands and such. And of course the Swan and Dolphin venues don’t take it.

3. wdwdancerwannabe

wdwdancerwannabe DIS Veteran

I even think you can use your key to buy theme park merchandise and bill your room!

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. bradk

bradk She runs to get away from you.

yes, that would be the point.

heck, have a disney visa? you can go to WOD, show your card for the discount and still charge it to the room.

6. thunderbird1

thunderbird1 DIS Veteran

We use ours all the time, for everything, no matter how small. My dh did indeed use his for one drink (at a time) at both Poly and AK lounges. As eva pointed out, you can even use them at most snack carts for something as small as a $2 bottle of water. I think it's so much easier than carrying cash. Plus, I like to keep the final statement both as a souvenier and so we can figure out what we spent and where.

:thanks: :cheer2: I really like having as many of the vacation charges in one place as possible, instead of a bunch of small charges (well, WOD might not be so small :rolleyes1) scattered all over.

7. mommyseven

mommyseven <font color=navy>I loved just floating on the lazy

I agree with everyone. You can charge to your room at just about anywhere. The only time I used cash was for tipping mousekeeping and purchasing small snacks in the park (ice cream bar, single bottle of water, etc.).

8. webray

webray Love the wineauxs!

The booth near France in EPCOT with the great slushies only takes cash!

9. KevinYee

KevinYee Author

Many of the booths ("OutDoor Food... ODF) only take cash. Some take credit cards. I confess I don't know if many take room keys (but I'll be surprised if the number is high)

10. holcomb-mania

holcomb-mania DIS Veteran

I used my room key at the ice cream cart where Sunset Blvd forks in front of RnR and ToT, as well as the little drink/popcorn/ice cream cart at the entrance to MTTF in MK.

They make it easy. Too easy.