Do you have gas or electric for cooking? Based on prior thread.

Do you have gas or electric for cooking? Based on prior thread.

• Gas

• Electric

• eat it raw

• Option 4:

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've lived in houses with both. To be honest, I prefer a good-quality electric stove; I find it too hard to get a 'low' flame with gas, and would struggle to cook rice, etc. without burning it.

That said, we're about to redo our kitchen and are exploring the possibility of going to an induction stove top.

I have a dual fuel stove also. Love the gas cooktop and the convection oven.

Hate gas cooking. Had a gas stove at one place years ago, and couldn't wait to leave it. Have a smooth top electric, and love it!

Love the cooler cooking - no heat going around the outside of pots - all is directed into the correct size pots.

gas cook-top and electric convection built in oven,
would never have an electric stove, gas is way better.

I've had a gas stove for 10+ years and I find it challenging to cook with electric now because I don't feel like I can control the temperature as well.

I've had a gas stove for 10+ years and I find it challenging to cook with electric now because I don't feel like I can control the temperature as well.

Reality is, whichever type you have the most experience with is going to be your favorite. I feel the same way about gas as you do about electric. I can't control the temperature as well with gas, the center of the pan is always hotter and burns stuff for me with gas, where the heat is more evenly distributed over the heating element with electric.

Induction.

I've had gas and electricity in former houses but induction is by far the best for me. It's as quick and efficient as gas (if not quicker) but there are no flames involved, it used less energy and even if somebody turns it on, it doesn't get hot without a pot on it.
I wouldn't buy anything else ever again.
The only disadvantage is that I can't use the mobile phone while cooking as the magnetism interferes with the connection.

Right now we have gas. I love gas ranges, and my stove is only a few years old. So pretty. :lovestruc

But we just bought a house with electric. And it's not pretty. There isn't gas in that neighborhood. I plan to get a pretty flat top stove in a few years... Or when the current one breaks. It's not high on my priorities since its purely aesthetic and I'd rather get tile laid in the bathroom.

This is interesting to see how many people prefer gas, like I do.

I grew up with a gas stove and had one at my first house. We moved here 25 years ago and the house is all electric. I have hated this stove for 25 years. Thought I'd get used to it but never have.

Electric...it's what every house we've lived in has had. I do love my flat top stove, I think it's much easier for cooking on than the electric coil burners.

Induction.

I've had gas and electricity in former houses but induction is by far the best for me. It's as quick and efficient as gas (if not quicker) but there are no flames involved, it used less energy and even if somebody turns it on, it doesn't get hot without a pot on it.
I wouldn't buy anything else ever again.
The only disadvantage is that I can't use the mobile phone while cooking as the magnetism interferes with the connection.

This is why I want induction, last year my tabby Queenie managed to burn a paw on a ceramic hob and I don't want that happening again.

My stove is electric. It is actually pretty cool, it is one of those flat top things. I have had a gas stove before, it worked well, but I always worried about blowing up the house.

Same here. Electric.

But I grew up with electric, so I know how to use it.
;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter