Do you get to really keep the towel animals?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jesusluvsu2005, Jan 4, 2008.

1. jesusluvsu2005

jesusluvsu2005 Mouseketeer

Hi! I know this may be a stupid question but I have never stayed at the hotels at disney and we will be doing so in may. I hear a lot of talk about towel animals. Do you get to actually keep those or what? Please forgive my ignorance and thanks!
    God bless,
    Mandy

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Twende

Twende Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....

Yes they are yours to keep!:cool1:

4. heartbeeps

heartbeeps not taking vacations but collecting experiences!

what hotel offers towel animals do keep? POR? AKL? ASMusic?

5. La2kw

La2kw DIS Veteran

I doubt if Disney wants you to take their towels home.

6. eeyoresnr

eeyoresnr DIS Veteran

Mandy, :welcome: to DISboards
    where will you be staying?

7. eeyoresnr

eeyoresnr DIS Veteran

we have gotten tham at POR, ASMusic, CSR, and the Villas @WL

8. shefellnl0v3

shefellnl0v3 Mouseketeer

I'm hoping to get one of these when we stay at GF next week. Think "mousekeeping" will leave them in the room?

9. angelmav

angelmav DIS Veteran

You do realize these arent actual towels anymore, normally pieces that have been glued etc.

10. ptrbryant

ptrbryant DIS Veteran

Actually, they're usually washcloth animals! But, I actually asked if we were allowed to take them home with us and was told "certainly"! There's nothing dishonest about it.

Karla B.

11. DizzKneeGeek

DizzKneeGeek Freaking out the Mouse Since Birth!

When we were last at Disney World we stayed at POR. Our mousekeeper even left us a note telling us they were to keep. After we thanked her she even made us a few more. We had celebrated many anniversaries and had never received even one but, on that trip we got three. They were a doll, a duck and a turkey. We thanked her Cheryl was by far the best Mouskeeper ever!
    Have a great trip and enjoy your towel animal if you are lucky enough to receive one.
    Princess Fontaine princess:

12. jesusluvsu2005

jesusluvsu2005 Mouseketeer

Thank you all for the replies! We are going to be staying at the Pop Century sometime in May (haven't decided dates for sure yet). I have three little ones who would love to have some towel animals so I really hope they do one for each. Who knows though. Any tips to actually make sure that each kid gets one?
    God bless,
    Mandy

13. MsStinkerBelle

MsStinkerBelle Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Yes, they are definitely yours to keep. :thumbsup2 We've gotten towel animals at the Poly, Pop, POFQ and the AKL. The most memorable ones we've gotten was a towel 'doll' at the Poly and a towel peacock at POFQ.

14. LuvsTinker

LuvsTinker DIS Veteran

I never knew that! I've never taken home any of the towel animals.

15. gogo

gogo DIS Veteran

My son and I were at the WL this August for 6 nights. Every day we received a new towel animal. Housekeeping kept adding them and arranging them around the room. They were so cute. I really did not want to take them home but my son wanted to so we did.

I'm sure it's okay to take them. If if wasn't, I'm sure Disney would let people know not to do this. When my mother stayed at WL several years ago, she said she did not know what they were so she undid the towel animal and used it LOL!:rotfl:

16. Luvin*Livvy

Luvin*Livvy Mouseketeer

I didn't keep them, b/c honestly what was I going to do with them? I can picture them sitting in my house collecting dust. I just took pictures of them every day, fo rour photo album. ;)

We got them at CBR every day..they got bigger each time. We were on a short trip so we had 3 differnt towel animals.

The ones we got were ALL towels. Not glued together or anything. They were wash clothes, and hand towels. We got a mouse, a bird and a hippo! :)

17. ConcKahuna

ConcKahuna <font color=darkorchid>Corn was on sale, 10 ears f

You can get them at any Disney resort, but it depends on how busy your Mousekeeper is. Sometimes he or she may have time to make them, sometimes not. That's why sometimes you see some that are more elaborate as well, with pipe cleaners and eyes attached for decoration. The are absolutley yours to keep!

Some of the coolest I have seen ahve been at FW in the cabins. Friends of mine got an easter basket (with towel eggs) in the spring, and a wreath decorated with red and green pipe cleaners and a towel bow during December. Most of the ones I've seen at other resorts have been pretty basic, although still cool! :thumbsup2

18. Sleeping Becca

Sleeping Becca <font color=green>It went to Looneyland, by way of

Sometimes the animals are small, like a bunny and won't come unravled easily. Other times they are larger and involve multiple towels and are in pieces aranged together, like an elephant. You could take the bunny but you should leave the elephant.

I've never taken a towel animal home, just a picture was enough.

19. Pirate's Princess

Pirate's Princess Sam

Last time at CB I got a small clown, and 2 birds.

Yes they are sitting on my shelf collecting dust, but I like them!

To be honest, I asked for them. I always tipped daily ($2 for 2 people) and left a note saying how I'd love one, and could they please possibly make me one if they had time. They did and on our last day, we ran into them and I thanked them profusely.

20. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Keep in mind....not all housekeepers know how to make them. We stayed at POP, and everytime we returned to our room, we had to look at windows full of TA's. Not once did we get one. And there were never any seen in the area of our room. But, the next time I checked into POP, it was a different bldg and there was a TA waiting for me when I got to my room. I tip exactly the same, every trip. I'm not at all sure it makes a difference.

21. skipperkim

skipperkim DIS Veteran

It's hit or miss. I wouldn't rely on getting one, but be surprised if you do. I think Mousekeeping tries to make everyone's stay memorable. But then, I try to be a great guest. I not only tip my maid, I give her or him some things to help them relax off the job. After all that hard work everyday, I'm sure they can use it.