Do you follow the crowd plan recommendations when deciding which parks to visit

We've been to WDW 30+ times - all on property and had never used any plans until this Winter. We just spent 4 mos here off-site, and relied on easywdw to decide if - and where we would go. We found his park recommendations to be completely accurate.

Never used them in over 10 trips, but since we're going in busy Aug this year, we're giving it Easywdw a shot. I found that in the past, I was making our ADRs and scheduling our days around evening EMH, but we didn't always stay for EMH. I totally flipped the script for Easywdw's recommendations, except for HS, since I think we'll need to do morning EMH to get to ride TSM twice in one day, without a long wait or late fastpass. Guess I'll be able to tell whether we've been doing it backwards all these years, once we're there in Aug using Easywdw. Or, it won't matter because WDW will take EMH away totally :sad:.

I use easyWDW for my initial planning and assistance knowing where I'll be on any given day in order to make ADRs, but I use my plan as a guideline and it is subject to change once we;re in the world. Also many times the crowd estimates change frolm the time ADRs are made to the actual trip, so so while I'll generally keep the ADR, if it's convenient, I may spend more time in another park before switching over to the park where my ADR is.

I don't follow the plans. Accurate or not, when the mid-day mark hits and the rides start going over 40 min standby, it's time to head to the resort.

I like to do evening EMHs @MK. Esp when MK is open to or past 11. Most people clear out after wishes. And if you don't mind skipping it, some of the rides are walk-on.

Jackz

Personally, I read the TouringPlan reports only to guess what rides will probably have the longest waits. But, this really changes much from one year to the next, so they have limited value for us.

We try to make a lunch ADR every day (which obligates us to pick a morning park every day). But, other than where we plan to be at lunch time, almost everything else is unplanned and subject to our whim of the moment.

It continues to amaze me how diverse people's idea of vacation can be. Some study every resource they can find; some arrive without a clue of what's in store. Some insist on getting to the gate long before RD; some sleep in and wander in whenever. Some seemed to be freaking out screaming at their crying kids; some seem to be walking ads for enjoying all things Disney.

I guess that's a good thing. If we all wanted to experience the same ride at the same time, it won't end well!

We did at first on our early February 2013, carefully scheduling our days according to EasyWDW.com. But to our horror, most "3" days turned out to be "8" or "9". Personally, I have no faith in these predictions any more and my best advice is to treat these as you would a "long term" weather forecast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter