Do you ever...

kelmac284

Lover of all things Disney since 1975
find yourself coming to a time when you took a trip the year before and get sad because you know you aren't going THIS year and you know you aren't going any time soon? We just went in February and I know I should not be feeling this way cuz we went a BUNCH of times in the last two years but I am having MAJOR withdrawals LOL. I probably should step AWAY from the computer and the Dis but I can't help it! Plus I kind of need to cuz I am in full swing planning mode for our Nov trip. I have to start making our ADRS in 2 weeks and then buy our airline tix that is IF Southwest releases Nov!!! Which I hope they do in June!!! I need to buy our tix going AND coming but we leave on Nov 20 and don't come back till Dec 2nd so I am afraid I might have to buy our GOING and not be able to buy our return tix till later cuz I have heard they might only release through Nov in June. ACK!

But anyway back to what I was saying... we went to Disneyland in July last year and KNOWING that is so hard. I see everyone talking about just getting back or getting ready to go and in some ways I don't like going in the summer cuz it is so crowded and hot but in other ways it is fun cuz it makes going on the water rides more fun and there is just something fun about going when it gets dark and yet it is warm outside and you can sit outside and listen to music or sit under the warm dark skies and watch the fireworks. Kind of like the 4h of July. And even though I know we are going in Nov it is still so far off. And I am not going back to DL till next April which is the LONGEST we have gone without going to DL. We usually go no more than about 6 months and it will be 14 months.

Of course we have our big DW trip in between which helps but still it is so hard when I think about "this time last year..." yadda yadda.

I keep trying to tell myself that I am going to be busy. The kids are on swim team and we have meets every Saturday and dh and I ARE taking a little mini trip back to St. Louis to visit some friends but still.

Then luckily as soon as swim is over soccer starts so we will be busy with that and then RIGHT when soccer ends we leave for DW. But I don't know I just want to go NOW!!!

Ok I am done. :)

We went in November 2006 and again in November 2007. Not sure when exactly our next trip will be but I know I can't talk DH into one this year.:sad1:

I'm the same about any Disney park. We didn't go to any Disney parks last year and I really missed not going. I'm making up for it this year though having been to Disneyland Paris for 4 days last month, I have a week at Disneyland in the summer and then another 4 days at Disneyland Paris in October!! In fact I need to phone for my PS for DLRP the day after I get back from my America trip! Although I suspect after my October DLRP trip I will suffer from major withdrawl!! In saying that I think the cure for that might be planning another WDW trip for the following Christmas!!

We went in January and had to cancel our trip this June due to health issues, and it disappointed everyone :( Hopefully the doc says the big okay on flying. We'll see. We go at least twice a year and always miss it a week and a half later.

Oh yes. We always go in June, so a June without Disneyland just isn't summer to me! It's our tradition, it's our summer vacation! :) So far I haven't been able to do it though, I always manage some how to go back in June!

I'm the same about any Disney park. We didn't go to any Disney parks last year and I really missed not going. I'm making up for it this year though having been to Disneyland Paris for 4 days last month, I have a week at Disneyland in the summer and then another 4 days at Disneyland Paris in October!! In fact I need to phone for my PS for DLRP the day after I get back from my America trip! Although I suspect after my October DLRP trip I will suffer from major withdrawl!! In saying that I think the cure for that might be planning another WDW trip for the following Christmas!!

Oooh---we're planning to go to Disneyland Paris in November! :banana:

Don't you wish they had a universal Disney pass? Then we could do Disney worldwide much more easily!!!

[And, pretty much everyday I wish I was in Disneyland.;) ]

I can feel your pain. We took our first trip to DL in November 2007 and I have no idea when we will ever go again. At least I can live the dream through all of you.

I totally know where you all are coming from, I took a trip in Oct. 07, but won't be going back till oct. 09 and i'm going crazy :lmao: .......... I'm want to do a little trip in between but it doesn't look like thats gonna happen :sad2: , but i am planning of getting a AP so i can return once or twice after my next big trip! Specially since i don't think i want to be here once the olympics are here!!!!!!!!!

Oh I knew I was not alone. I come here to get my "fix" but sometimes in a way it makes me want to go even worse seeing all the pix and hearing everyone's stories. My AP expires in June and we are not renewing this year because honestly we wouldn't be able to use it and it would be a waste of money. We aren't going back to DL till next April so there would be no point but it almost seems sacreligous to let it expire LOL. I am VERY excited about our upcoming DW trip don't get me wrong. We only get to go there every 3 years and with the economy and the kids getting bigger and not able to miss school and soon they will need adult passes and will eat more and on and on (meaning they will cost more) we may not get back there for a LONG time. So this may be our last trip. But I know every time we go to DW I miss DL because there are just not the same things in Florida that there are at "our" park. In fact when we went in 05 we went to DL first actually. We went to DL for the 50th in July and then went to DW in Oct of that year. When we went to DW in 02 we followed up with a trip to DL that following Oct but when we go this time we aren't going to DL till the following APRIL.

So it is going to be weird.

But anyway I knew you guys would feel my pain. Ah well I tell myself sometimes though that if you didn't have something to look forward to then it would be no fun either. Because I remember counting down from 500 something days and now I have broken the 200 mark. I know that once we start our swim meets that things are going to get busy and my dh is actually coaching our soccer team this year and we will be quite busy with that and literally the very weekend after soccer season ends we leave. Plus school will start and things will be busy with that and there is always halloween.

Of course last year we went to Mickeys Halloween treat and I SO wanted to go to that again but of course can't do that either cuz we are saving ALL our cash for DW. So I am sure I will get a little sad that time of year too when everyone starts posting their halloween pics and I remember being there last year but the good news is that that will mean it is almost time for us to leave! :)

We are in the middle of a potentially three year long dry spell. :( I totally feel you. On the up side, we're skipping our NYE Disney trips because the money is being saved for a first home and a second baby, so there are compensations. :)

Well, when I get that way about going to WDW, I just get a quick fix at DL (I love being only 15 minutes away), my parents keep trying to get us to move closer to them in Utah, but this thread is one example of why I don't want to.

I probably should step AWAY from the computer and the Dis but I can't help it!

That's me every day! It's almost torture coming here knowing I don't have any trips coming up. I'm always thinking: "Why am I doing this to myself?" But it's nice to know what's going on in the "Big D."

I miss Disneyland so much, and it's only been 3 months since I was last there.

Well, when I get that way about going to WDW, I just get a quick fix at DL (I love being only 15 minutes away), my parents keep trying to get us to move closer to them in Utah, but this thread is one example of why I don't want to.

See I am SO jealous. I lived in So cal but only for college and of course then I was a poor college student and couldn't afford to go. In fact the entire time I lived there I never stepped foot in the park. Go figure. Of course I wasn't as obsessed with it as I am now either LOL. My boyfriend did come visit and we went to (don't shoot me) Universal once though :scared1:

But anyway even though I could not afford to live in So cal I dream of working at a Disney park someday when I retire. You know when money is no longer an issue so it wouldn't even matter if I had to work for minimum wage or whatever. I would just love to do it to be able to work there.

In fact my dream job would be a tour guide. I have to say I think a lot of us diser's know more than some of the guides. I know that I knew more than my walk in walt's footstep guide did ;)

But I can say if I lived even within an hour of DL I would def be there at LEAST once a month!

And I would go even if it was just to sit in the park and soak up the atmosphere. Not even go on one ride. Just to hear the sounds, smell the smells and see the sights! I could go just to eat a meal, look in the shops and sit on a bench and watch everyone walk by!

Perhaps an exeprience from my teenage years will help console those who can't make it as often as they would like. From 1988-1992, my family went to Disneyland once a year. It was the vacation. Sometime in 1991, we got a hold of one of those Disneyland audio cassetttes with songs from the parks and that's all we would ever listen to in the family van everywhere we went.

For whatever reason in 1992, the trip seemed to be missing something. It wasn't as "special." Consequently, the family decided to try Vancouver in 1993. The long dreamed of Christmas trip got cancelled in '93 due to chicken pox hitting the family and in 1994 we went to WDW right before I left for college.

After my first year of college I decided to serve a mission for my church, so we opted to visit Disneyland before I left for Russia for two years, making it three years since we had last visited Disneyland. It was like discovering the park all over again with the changes that had taken place in that time.

OH my gosh...I threatened to divorce my husband when he told me we wouldn't be able to visit for two years...

I completely agree with the previous poster--have the sounds of Disneyland on CD helps me get through. Also, this quote from my son tickled me a few years ago: As we rode up an escalator, "I'm riding Big Thunder Mountain in my head."

And I would go even if it was just to sit in the park and soak up the atmosphere. Not even go on one ride. Just to hear the sounds, smell the smells and see the sights! I could go just to eat a meal, look in the shops and sit on a bench and watch everyone walk by!

Me, too! I just love being on Main Street. We try to go to DL at least once a year, and I got a lot of "Disneyland, again? Aren't you tired of that place yet?" from people at work. No, I will never get tired of it! The only thing that helps with Disney withdrawal is planning another trip (and of course reading the DIS boards :goodvibes )

count me in! the past two years my family hsa gone in June but this year we have to wait until August! even though it is an extra 2 months I can't stand the wait!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter