do you ever wonder what we did before....

njcarita

DIS Veteran
the internet???

I've been hoping on all day!!!

I've watched video clips, found some great recipes.
Have been emailing one of my closests friends all day-- and have laughed reading her emails till I cried.

I think I'd been lost without it.
I guess this is what people felt like when electricity became readily available.

It's very hard to remember -- I've been on the 'net in one way or another since early 1993. In those days I gophered and ftp'ed my way through the computers at NASA and the US Military Academy. Doors were wide open. To get the lowdown on airfares one needed to understand the SABRE reservations system and photos were downloaded from remote sites in packages which then needed to be pieced together and displayed in a special software viewer program.

It's amazing how far we've come since then.

I just went through two weeks without internet service in my house. We lost power and phone service due to the "October Surprise" storm in the Western New York area.

I missed having lights, television, heat, a working refrigerator, but one of the
things I missed most was the DISboards. I'm SOOOO addicted. It's so wonderful to be connected again!!! :disrocks:

I'd probably still be tole painting and cross stitching.
I'd be writing paper letters to my pen pal in Japan I've had over 20 years. It took 3 weeks from the day I mailed the letter until the day I got one back.

I'd watch Lost all by myself and only know it's popular because some tv show told me. None of my friends or family watch Lost.

I'd have never met all my collector friends, I'd never have gone to some gatherings in other states, etc.

I definately wouldn't have gone to Disney as often as I have, got deals, etc.
I would have gone to WDW in 2004 blindly with no ADRs, no plan, etc.

Yeah my house was a lot cleaner too...and I didnt take as many trips either...remember ordering travel brochures and having to wait 2-4 weeks to receive them? Now its all instant !! I remember when I first got the internet in early 96, one of the first sites I went to was Disney....just to look at it and see the changes that had come about in the ten years since I had last been there....

House was cleaner and probably had more money, because of all those darn online specials. I love the internet and all the information out there. So I guess you can say we're smarter and more knowledgeable now because of it too! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter