Do you ever use DVC points for DLP?

grizbuzz

DIS Veteran
Hi.:wave:

I'm a DVC member from California who just moved to Switzerland with my family and I'm wondering if there's any value in using DVC points at DLP. I have a couple vacations reserved at DL California and WDW for next year which it looks like I'll have to cancel and I was thinking of using these points for DLP but with the length of stay ticket requirements it doesn't seem a very good value.

Am I missing something here?

Also, are there any DVC perks at DLP?

Thanks for the advice!
-Jen

It certainly isn't the good value it was, that's for sure.

About 6 or 7 years ago I booked DLP on points for some family members and at that time ticket admission was included in the deal for their stay at Disney's Newport Bay.

Such a pity they have 'devalued' this. I'm sure others on these boards have done this more recently and will be along soon with their experiences :)

I was looking into this last year, but found this not to be a good use of points. There are no DVC perks at Disneyland Paris either.

Corinna

We have done it twice but would not consider it this year because of the exchange rate definately not good value for money. rent out your points and pay cash. you also have to pay for tickets for day of arrival and departure and you may wish to go and visit Paris or leave early so not worth it.

Hope you have a great time

susan

I would rent your points out as it is much, much cheaper to pay for a room. There are so many deals around for rooms that using points is just not worth it.

Have fun though
Tina

No, It uses far to many points compared to what you get at WDW so I would agree with renting them out and paying cash, I did that last year with my points and used the money to go to DLRP for a few days and also had money left over to go towards dues.

Hi Jen

glad to see other DVC members from Switzerland! I only joined the DVC 2 weeks ago.

I'm also a EuroDisney shareholder and a DLRP AP holder, so I visit there quite often.

Haven't stayed at any of the DLRP resorts in a long time, as I find it is too expensive for what you get. I rather save my hotel money for WDW (or now, for DVC) and stay at the Ibis hotel in Val d'Europe, which I like very much.

Marc in Zurich

We just booked a Med cruise on DCL for Aug. 2011 and I was thinking we should use our DVC points at either Sequoia Lodge or Newport News for a few days before going on to Barcelona. I know the points are higher than using them at WDW but I am looking to preserve our cash for our excursions in the Med. I am not a fan of renting them out... What is this minimum stay requirement? How many nights do they require? Is this at all of the DLP properties 365 days a year? I was thinking we'd stay 3 or 4 nights pre-cruise, before going on to Barcelona. 4 nights would cost just a few more points than a week in a studio at WDW... IMO there are many overpriced uses of points...DCL, ABD, Club Intrawest etc. But people do it all the time, right? Is it really THAT bad of an idea??? I priced out these hotels online & converted them to USD (I assumed the price online was in Euros). Looks like they run between $250 - $280ish USD per night. If I can save $1,000 over paying for a cash room somewhere then that sounds like a good plan to me. :confused3

We Used ours for DLRP but its not worth it, you get no deals like food and you Have to by a X number of day passes and you cant get an annual pass which would have saved us on the food and the merch, not doing it again boo to you DVC lol

Iain & Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter