Do you Err when you Air?

OK, I got it. Obviously Larry has taken the time to figure out how to safely pull a trailer. Why would we need RV.NET when we have LarryJ.

The OP might need it since it was about a MH and a lot are posting in response to his question are non MH owners so we might be misleading the OP. If you carefully read my first post which was not an answer to the OP's question, I specifically mentioned that I knew nothing about MH inflation rules. It seems Cousin ED C who appears to have a MH is the one with the best information albeit limited thus far and I bet the OP would get many more answers to his specific question by posting it in the MH section of "not to be mentioned site". G and higher rated tires that are used on MHs might well be very, very different than the type tires us non MH owners are using.

My two posts were just information for those w/o a question to consider and not an answer to a question.

The OP might consider reading THIS as a starting point since it's about MH tires and has quite a few responses from actual MH owners. :goodvibes

ON EDIT HERE is another the OP might be interested in.

If he does a search on the "not to be mentioned site" in the archives (over 1 year) just in the MH section there might even be more information applicable to his question.

Oh BTW I do think I know how to safety tow my current trailer with my current TV, but my experiences might not and probably not applicable to others with different trailers/TV combos ... this is something I don't know ... I can only share what I know based on my personal experiences and what I believe I have gleaned from those that I consider know, but I wouldn't speak for them.

Larry

I spoke with one of the guys i worked with at the RV dealership he told me they had a 16' Cub with blowout damage that completly ripped the wireing out of the trailer. It was wraped around the wheel. Also the tanks and the plumbing were damaged.

That might have been me that went by, but I can say I AM NOT RUNNING ST TIRES. I would not even leave the house if that is the tires I had.

That might have been me that went by, but I can say I AM NOT RUNNING ST TIRES. I would not even leave the house if that is the tires I had.

Good for you, but with my 14" C-rated tires I'm sort of stuck so I just tow at around 58-60mph always in the right lane and sit back and enjoy the scenery and really get a good look of a lot of vehicles passing me. :rotfl: I would love to be able to put LT tires on my trailer.

Larry

FWIW, in answering a question elsewhere I ran across THIS which appears to have been what was listed on the GY website in the past, but sometime in the last year or so was removed. It's a PDF doc so you can save it on your HD for future reference ... that's what I did. It also has inflation load tables for G, H, and J rated tires in various sizes. Can't vouch for it's currency, so use at your own risk.

Larry

Speaking of blowouts, I have gone through a heck of a lot of tires in those 5 years and not one of the shops that replaced them has suggested that this might be too much pressure for my load!

Just reading between the lines here, but one reason why the tire shops may not have said that the higher pressure is causing the blowouts is because most blowouts, when pressure related, are from Under inflation. I don't know how your rig is set up, but many times with duallys tire rubbing occurs when underinflated, or way over loaded.

If you are having a lot of tire failures, you should carefully go through how everything is setup, you have the correct size tires, front end is aligned, you may want to check that the frame is straight, rear axle is aligned (many times this is related to the frame being straight), brakes are working correctly (correct pressure front and rear), etc. If you know of a shop with good mechanics (who know about your rig) you may want them to go over it carefully.

A tire blowout should be very rare if everything is setup correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter